• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Are you a pro-resetter? - Madoka Magica.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you a pro-resetter?
yes
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
no
31%
 31%  [ 14 ]
maybe
28%
 28%  [ 13 ]
I don't watch them lolies
22%
 22%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 45

egoist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:55 pm Reply with quote
As it says, are you in favor of a major reset on the last episode?

Oh, man, the person who created this poll must be bored.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:13 pm Reply with quote
I am really undecided, I guess I have hope that they are good enough to know what the best ending would be without me wanting to push a specific ending. Well I hope they do a better job then how they finished Dance in the Vampire Bund or Daimao which was on at a simular time.

Though I might say that I have been keeping my distance from the characters since I picked up early on what sort of things might happen. Though I came across some art of spoiler[Kyouko holding Sayaka dead body] and I think I felt some sadness that I have been holding back.

I was also tempted to choose "I don't watch them lolies" just because it brought a smile to my face, but "maybe" was the best fitting choice to my opinion.
Veers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:30 pm Reply with quote
In general, I feel that most last-minute resets are a lame way to "end" a story.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually surprised that so many people want a reset. Looks like we'll have to summon Shenlong once again! Laughing
But nah, I want it depressing all the way.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:51 pm Reply with quote
I'd like a reset but I voted for "maybe". I want to see how the events will occur in the next episode. Like some others in the thread have said, it feels like this show will need a reset for a happy ending which I would like. I wouldn't mind a depressing ending though.

I think I'm leaning towards the "yes" option, but I just can't decide. Happy or Depressing ending? That is the question. I'll stay with undecided (maybe).
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:32 am Reply with quote
I guess it depends how they do it. I wouuldn't want the last 5s to be Madoka falling out of her bed and the whole thing was a dream >>.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:29 am Reply with quote
Guess I'll comment more on how I've felt about the series in the main thread thus far.... but anyway, here I go:

I'd think I'm between "maybe" and "yes" (though closer to "yes") in being a "pro-resetter." I've truly come to enjoy these characters, and with everything that has happened so far... well, it seems like these characters truly deserve a happy ending, and it's hard for me to think of something other than a reset of sorts to make that possible. After episode 3, things have consistently been turning darker, and so few remaining bright spots beyond Madoka's own innocence visibly remain. Heck, we've barely had screen time given to her sweet little family after episode 2. The cast of non-peripheral characters has always been very narrow, and has increasingly narrowed with the deaths so far, so there really isn't anyone to brighten things somewhat.

Perhaps there is some kind of cheapening value to the reset ending in of itself, but seeing how good the writing has been thus far and how relatable its characters have been, I would be more than okay with a reset.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
arielifeoma

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:23 am Reply with quote
There are times when I wished the ending may have been different in a show. At times like that though, I think that it is best to make an "alternative ending" manga/anime so that the staff have time to develop the idea fully and well. If there is only going to be one production, it should go as the author originally planned it because it is their work. It's nice when they humor fans though in a little OVA but that should be regarded as a courtesy not something they should do just to appease people. If we don't like it, we can watch something else.
damien007

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:00 am Reply with quote
I used to be pro reset until the latest episode. Considering everything that was revealed with regards to homura and spoiler[how she's basically been constantly resetting the story]. Im pretty sure that a reset wouldn'y really accomplish anything. Ideally madoka just wont make a wish, within the context of the stroy i dont think a wish along the lines of spoiler["I wish magical girls never existed"] wouldn't really work with regards to the direction the plot is going.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1