• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Namco Bandai Games Announce the Release Date, Pre-order Program and Collector's Edition of Tales

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:09 pm Reply with quote
.....I hope this means the US will be getting it too and not just the UK like Graces F collector's edition...
Zerreth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Doesn't seem likely. Bamco doesn't think we'd buy this kinda stuff. The last time I heard about a "collector's edition" from the US branch was when .hack//GU Vol. 1 came out and I only knew about it then because the guy at gamestop, who I was great friends with, actually held onto the only copy that was sent to his store and asked me if I wanted to pick that one up instead of the regular copy. I don't even remember there being a press release about it....

In other news, looks like you can't reverse import this one at least without a proxy. Probably because you're buying from the main site.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:46 pm Reply with quote
According to Siliconera, the U.S. will be getting the collector's edition(s) as well. It could be a retailer specific thing though, such as only at Gamestop.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Thats a really nice special edition. I'll probably order it when it becomes available.

BTW, also from Namco, Project x Zone is getting a limited edition: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/11/project-x-zone-upgraded-to-limited-edition-for-the-west/

The game will be sold as a limited edition with a mini-art book, poster, and music CD packaged with the game. Project X Zone will still retail for $39.99.
Zerreth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Not getting my hopes up until I see a press release from the US branch or the listing change on amazon.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:45 am Reply with quote
Zerreth wrote:
Not getting my hopes up until I see a press release from the US branch or the listing change on amazon.

Not quite Amazon, but this is close to a confirmation: http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/tales-of-xillia-collectors-edition/109114
Meygaera

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:16 am Reply with quote
Yea it's the gamestop shindig again. Just like with the fire emblem 3Ds
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:00 am Reply with quote
Wish there was a CE without the stupid toy and just a beefy artbook. Don't think this is worth a $100 to me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Wish there was a CE without the stupid toy and just a beefy artbook. Don't think this is worth a $100 to me.

Uh you have to pay something for the game itself. And new xbox and ps3 games are usually 60 including tales of grace f. So I dont know where you are getting that you are paying 100 for a statue. You are paying 40 for it, if you want to discount the other things included in the edition.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know if the European release will play on a US PS3? I asked at GameStop today, and the artbook/soundtrack/DLC costumes are only in the US CE, there won't be any available for the standard edition like the "first day" one in Europe.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Does anyone know if the European release will play on a US PS3? I asked at GameStop today, and the artbook/soundtrack/DLC costumes are only in the US CE, there won't be any available for the standard edition like the "first day" one in Europe.

The PS3 is not region locked for 99.9% of games. The game will work fine, but if you want any DLC, the European DLC will not work with it.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:

That kinda figurine would typically run you 50 bucks on its own, and the game itself is 60 bucks. Its a pretty good deal.
victor viper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:08 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
That kinda figurine would typically run you 50 bucks on its own, and the game itself is 60 bucks. Its a pretty good deal.

That's not a bad limited edition, although I suspect the figure will be more like a $20 prize figure though. It was difficult to see exactly what the figure looked like from Gamestop's page, but it definitely looks like a prize figure, especially since 21.5 cm would make it right about 1/8 scale.

EDIT: A search of My Figure Collection makes it look like the figure is one of Banpresto's Kuji figures, although MFC lists it at 180 mm, not the 21.5 cm listed by Gamestop's page.

Last edited by victor viper on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:10 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:

Uh you have to pay something for the game itself. And new xbox and ps3 games are usually 60 including tales of grace f. So I don't know where you are getting that you are paying 100 for a statue. You are paying 40 for it, if you want to discount the other things included in the edition.
I think if I'm buying a niche game like Xilla I'm well aware of how much games cause.

What you are saying has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I'm well aware of what Xillia is, but for the CE I'd want a beefy artbook. Not a toy. And it's $100 for the entire package. I'm not going evaluate the product by separating what things equal and whatever, no I'm going to look at the thing overall.

And either way I wouldn't pay $40 for a toy I have no use for. A good artbook? No doubt.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1