• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: AM2 Convention Delayed Until Further Notice

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akapahua

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:07 am Reply with quote
Thank goodness for an official announcement. I mean wth with them being so sketchy. No one heard anything and when having to resort to emailing the staff for any info, still nothing! C'mon! Rumor cancellation had to come from a former staff who was not under any obligation, but was nice enough to do us a favor.

Something like this should never have happened. If this con was not feasible, then just refund us the money. It's so simple because the money should not have been spent and if it was spent, then we should have a con to go to. This was a ridiculous situation to begin with and if they ever come back, it better be under a different management.
BlaqNumbr9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:36 am Reply with quote
Were the first two successful?
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:05 am Reply with quote
General admission was free, so AM2 failing shouldn't have been a surprise. I get the impression they did this on their first year to try stealing attention from AX, but they should have started charging a fee when they moved it to August.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1