• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:38 am Reply with quote
Won some manga on eBay (all from the same seller so I could save monies):

Kamen Tantei 1-4
Beautiful People
Who Fighter With Heart of Darkness
(with a title this Engrish sounding, for $1, I couldn't resist!)
supercreep

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:47 am Reply with quote
silencer226 wrote:
@bemused Bohemin Sweet, just did that so I hope things go well. I also found a box set of Serial Experiments Lain for $26 on Ebay, now I just have to hope its legit, the seller has a high positive rating and takes returns so I'm feeling pretty good about the order. Smile

I bought the Lain singles a long time ago, then sold them and re-bought them with an artbox. That is how amazing I think it is.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:31 am Reply with quote
Dr. Thursday order from TRSI:

Sailor Moon 5-7
Love Hina Omnibus 3-4
Negima! Omnibus 5
Tokyo Mew Mew Omnibus 3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:20 pm Reply with quote
supercreep wrote:
I bought the Lain singles a long time ago, then sold them and re-bought them with an artbox.
May I ask which box? I did the same thing last year, and have always wondered whether I chose the box release wisely. Confused
supercreep

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:27 pm Reply with quote
ailblentyn wrote:
supercreep wrote:
I bought the Lain singles a long time ago, then sold them and re-bought them with an artbox.
May I ask which box? I did the same thing last year, and have always wondered whether I chose the box release wisely. Confused

You can see the box here: http://www.amazon.com/Serial-Experiments-Lain-Boxed-Set/dp/B00005NX1N/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1332444374&sr=8-6

It's rather flimsy, but comes with a plastic sip cover that is tinted blue.
LordByron227

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote
My copy shipped out yesterday from TRSI for $52.49,

Logged onto site today and see it on sale for $41.99....ZETSUBOUSHITA.....MY HORIBBLE TIMING (and vigilance) HAS LEFT ME IN DESPAIR.

Lol...srsly.

And it didn;t ship out early either because it was combined with Madoka Majika Vol.2 order so I got the worst of both worlds.

I'm such an idiot Embarassed
archaron

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Wow, its been a while since I have bought a some anime and I did some shopping on Amazon because I had to use up a $25 gift card and I bought and/or pre-ordered:

The Legend of the Legendary Heroes: Part One Limited Edition $34.99

The Legend of the Legendary Heroes: Part 2 $35.99

Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker $15.99

Okami-san and Her Seven Companions: Complete Collection Limited Edition $34.99

Fairy Tail: Part 4 $24.99

Strike Witches: Season Two $30.99

Heaven's Lost Property: Forte Season 2 Limited Edition $36.99

Not too bad for $189.93 (figure includes gift card). Well, now comes the hard part, the waiting.
Laughing
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:03 pm Reply with quote
The shipping for my Ano Natsu BD is 1680 yen, which is crazy high for a single BD (even though it is three discs). HMV does have a store exclusive poster listed, and I think that may be the culprit, which is little anger-inducing. It's not that I dislike the poster, but if I had known that it'd double my shipping costs I would've declined it, assuming I have that option to begin with. It better at least be life-size.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:11 pm Reply with quote
supercreep wrote:
It's rather flimsy, but comes with a plastic sip cover that is tinted blue.
That's mine too!

What's the story with NISA's Occult Academy Premium Edition being BD only, rather than DVD/BD? Has there been discussion of this somewhere? Is this the direction NISA's Premium Editions are going to be moving?
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:01 pm Reply with quote
ailblentyn wrote:
What's the story with NISA's Occult Academy Premium Edition being BD only, rather than DVD/BD? Has there been discussion of this somewhere? Is this the direction NISA's Premium Editions are going to be moving?

Their release of Zakuro this June is in DVD format, so it doesn't seem like they've abandoned DVDs just yet. Only possible explanation I can think of for Blu-Ray format only could be cost cutting.
JuniorMintKiss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Just purchased Heat Guy J from TRSI and Bleach Season 5 and Orphen Complete Series from Amazon. Slim pickings this time, but I really need to catch up on my Bleach. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Shiney

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
Their release of Zakuro this June is in DVD format, so it doesn't seem like they've abandoned DVDs just yet. Only possible explanation I can think of for Blu-Ray format only could be cost cutting.

Or NisA weren't allowed to do one to begin with, Zakuro never got a Blu-ray release in Japan.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:15 pm Reply with quote
The second half of my Eureka Seven order (vol. 4-6) got here a while ago. I am somewhat surprised that the series is not in 16:9 anamorphic widescreen. I thought it was new enough for it. Oh well. Other than that, I am not sure if the boxes they all came in are disposable or not. The first is, of course, meant to hold vol. 1-6, but the rest? Well, they don't appear to be of any more use, but also seem to be too high in quality to just up and throw away. Any information on this would be appreciated.

The Aniplex limited edition blu-ray import of Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal also came, along with all four limited edition volumes of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I'm really admiring the craftiness of the first volume's box. It's a damned shame that creativity of this nature in regard to boxes pretty much died with Bandai Entertainment and Geneon. Everything today is your run-of-the-mill, money-generating economy.

It's all good stuff though. Smile
Brainchild129

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Well, I ended up getting an extra week of temp work, so I could afford to take advantage of that all-too-rare Nozomi sale, in the form of Irresponsible Captain Tylor and the Emma LE bundle.
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Comic shop:

Fullmetal Alchemist 10
Honey and Clover 7
Toradora 1-2

From the bargain bin: Code: Breaker 1-2. I can live in hope of a rescue.

Chain bookstore:
Goong 2
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 863 of 1401