• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ok im a noob but how do I.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akuma-Ouji

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Hi im not here to make trouble and byascdently (sorry about the spelling).In the chat i swore but thats because Hajime swore the "F" word out to me in insult so i noticed that he was not banned so i said the same thing to him but i got banned.

Why that happen and not to him....i just arivived and started to enjoy the chat until that dude interrupted me adn F you and you link at me.

Dont ban me coz of this but im asking around for advice and stuff besides im trying to be nice around places and ANN has sections that im sure i can review sometime....haven't seen the entire review of all manga and anime but there is a posibility that one or so titles never got reviews ill try my best to give some news..if can.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:10 am Reply with quote
Swearing / insulting people is not permitted.

The moderator in the channel at the time may not have noticed the other person swear, or may have reprimanded them differently than you.

He/She may have also taken into consideration the context in which Hajime made his offense, however I do not know what exactly happened, so I can not adequately comment on it.

All our IRC bans are temporary, typically 3 hours, up to 336 hours (2 weeks), depending entirely on the moderator who bans you.

PS: "I" is capitalised when used as a word to refer to oneself. A tiny change in the way you write will make people take you more seriously.

-t
camelot187757

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:36 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:

All our IRC bans are temporary, typically 3 hours, up to 336 hours (2 weeks), depending entirely on the moderator who bans you.

It's been two weeks since I was banned. Why am I still banned?
Asuka

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Tempest was referring to bans set through X, the services agent used on WorldIRC. Bans can manually be set to last forever, until someone removes them or the server goes offline.
Shinotaku14
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:02 pm Reply with quote
camelot187757 wrote:
tempest wrote:

It's been two weeks since I was banned. Why am I still banned?

We have logs to back up any banning. Yours was apprently severe enough to warrant a longer Ban.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
camelot187757

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:34 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:

Based on earlier conversations with (an)other moderator(s), I am asking that you please revise your inaccurate and horribly misleading statements.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:25 pm Reply with quote
camelot187757 wrote:
tempest wrote:

Based on earlier conversations with (an)other moderator(s), I am asking that you please revise your inaccurate and horribly misleading statements.

Very well:

All my bans are temporary. However should the other moderators feel it necessarry to permanently ban someone, that is their prerogative.

-t
jaybug39

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:32 am Reply with quote
Would this be a good topic to ask a couple of questions about how to...
1. Quote someone else. I keep doing it wrong.

2. Forward a message, like one I got from Tony to send to Abunai.

Thank you for your time.

Have Fun

Jay
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:31 pm Reply with quote
1. When you click the quote button, first make sure you're only quoting one person. If there are multiple quotes, but you'd like to keep a specific one and not get the whole post, make sure you when you read it in your reply that you separate the names at the top.

It may look like:

[quote="jaybug39"][quote="Tony K."](Blah blah blah, my opinions)...[/quote](Yada, yada, yada, your opinions)...[/quote]

If I wanted to quote you in particular, I'd just highlight and delete the text between your name and the last quote close bracket. It takes a little practice, but you'll eventually get the hang of it.

2. There's no forward option for PMs. Instead, you'd have to make a new message and just quote me from the one I sent you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1