• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Comic-Con: Tokyopop Triple Play

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:08 pm Reply with quote
They also said they're holding off on Aria until late in 2007 because, while it has its fans, the retailers have a bad memory of it from ADV, They also said they will release the 5-volume Peacemaker story & follow up with Kurogane because ADV jumped to Kurogane first but they feel the story will do better in order.

They also spent a large portion of the manga panel on World or Global or whatever-they're-calling-it manga even though there was a separate panel set up for that. They're launching a manga readers line for younger readers who want to read manga like their older siblings, but the content is to mature for them. These will be 80 pages long with a price of $5.99 (less than half the usual pages for 60% of the price) & seem will be western authors. Discussion was on the author of Princess Diaries.

The Q&A with Jae-Won Park was interesting. He's now living in Thailand using Thai staff (claiming he likes the historical feel of the area) with King of Hell being popular there. He is working on a new title now Warcraft's finished which isn't a collaboration that TP has already picked up. Title still not decided. When asked about his biggest influence, he said Superman.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1