• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How fast is Rightstuf's shipping on pre-orders?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bennyb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:42 am Reply with quote
hey, question for anyone who's ordered from RS before: how fast are they on shipping pre-orders? I just put in a big fat manga order because of their sweet viz sale, and 2 of them aren't listed to come out till October 3.

My question is, do they, like stores receive the manga several weeks earlier than the street date? If so do they ship early? Or do they wait to the street date to ship? It won't make a huge difference either way, but it'd be great to get my manga mid-september than a week in october. Thanks!
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:53 am Reply with quote
bennyb wrote:
hey, question for anyone who's ordered from RS before: how fast are they on shipping pre-orders? I just put in a big fat manga order because of their sweet viz sale, and 2 of them aren't listed to come out till October 3.

My question is, do they, like stores receive the manga several weeks earlier than the street date? If so do they ship early? Or do they wait to the street date to ship? It won't make a huge difference either way, but it'd be great to get my manga mid-september than a week in october. Thanks!

I also order a vast quantity of manga titles for sale (Monster!!!) and it's just depends. It's Rightstuf is filling out a partial order (Meaning not your entire order) then normally they ship out on Friday/Saturday when they recieve your item. SO to answer your question it's quite difficult to know exactly when you will get it, I had some items show up before, and some that came a week later.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
bennyb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:41 am Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
bennyb wrote:

I also order a vast quantity of manga titles for sale (Monster!!!) and it's just depends. It's Rightstuf is filling out a partial order (Meaning not your entire order) then normally they ship out on Friday/Saturday when they recieve your item. SO to answer your question it's quite difficult to know exactly when you will get it, I had some items show up before, and some that came a week later.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral

Hmm interesting so they shipped multiple packages? because that would mean I'd probably get the bulk of my order relatively soon.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:45 am Reply with quote
bennyb wrote:
Hmm interesting so they shipped multiple packages? because that would mean I'd probably get the bulk of my order relatively soon.

Yes if part of your order is available now, they will ship your items that are currently available at the moment and ship the other items as they become available. Well they do this with free shipping at least.
Webki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:32 am Reply with quote
I have a question regarding Rightstuf's shipping as well.

I got an e-mail confirming my order from them, and they gave me a tracking number. When I clicked the number I am brought to USPS' site where it has said:

Quote:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on July 31, 2006 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

It has said this for the past week or so. What does this mean, exactly? I've never tracked anything through this site, so I'm not sure if this is the only screen they show. Will they track the progress or does this mean the shipment is on its way? Or does this mean that it hasn't even left the warehouse yet?
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Webki wrote:
Or does this mean that it hasn't even left the warehouse yet?

Yes, that is what it is supposed to mean. Rightstuf has given the packege number to USPS and let them know they will be sending a package, and either they haven't sent it, or USPS hasn't picked it up.

One time it said that for me for a whole week, and then I got it in the mail the next day. Which means my package made it all the way from Iowa to my house without being scanned once. Go government mail!!

I would give it the normal 2 weeks, before getting worried.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Webki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Alright, I'll give them some more time. I hope the same thing happens to me that happened to you though, heh. I'd really love to get that stuff...
Shorty22

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:49 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
One time it said that for me for a whole week, and then I got it in the mail the next day. Which means my package made it all the way from Iowa to my house without being scanned once.

Huh. I never really thought about it meaning that. Several of my orders lately from various online retailers have given me only that message. I just thought it was an automatic default response and my free shipping just didn't qualify to be scanned or something.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:25 am Reply with quote
Webki wrote:
The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on July 31, 2006 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

To keep things as simple as possible all that means is that Rightstuf has already place that part of your order into the USPS electronic service. It's doesn't mean that USPS has receieved said items, just that they received conformation of some items to come in the following weeks.

Once the packages arrives at USPS it will be scanned and more then likely that night will be the first night it will say that item was scanned in Des Moines Iowa (Spelling I am sorry) at said date and time.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Webki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Well, seems I received my answer.

USPS' site apparently doesn't update after that message until the morning it arrives in your town. This happened both with my RightStuf order and my Overstock order... so I guess that's just how USPS "rolls," as they say.
indrik

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I was gonna say. USPS tracking is good for telling you if a package has arrived, but not when it's going to get there.

I just ordered from Rightstuf for the first time, being disappointed with my normal anime sources. We'll see. I ordered something in stock and something out of stock to see how they handled it. Preorder will be the next test... if they pass this one. Muahaha, etc.
daxomni

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:44 pm Reply with quote
As somebody who has been on the other end of the equation, I can tell you that the USPS message being asked about means exactly one thing: The USPS has been paid (electronically) and assigned a tracking number to the still pending shipment. Nothing more, nothing less.

Also, in my experience Right Stuff can be both fast and slow. I've bought lots of anime-related items from them, but I've also canceled more than one after it took too long for them to send it on its way.
Webki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:10 pm Reply with quote
I just got my order and I have to say, nice job RightStuf!

The two boxes I got from them were in perfect condition, not a single mark around any of the edges (unlike B&N with Azumanga Daioh box, one of the edges got a little roughed up... don't ask why I ordered from B&N (I had a gift card)).

So I am very satisfied with them and will definitely be ordering from them in the future.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:28 pm Reply with quote
I've been pretty happy with Rightsuff since I started using them in December.

I almost always use the free Economy shipping and it usually takes about 5 days to arrive once it ships. And since things frequently are in stock a week or two before they are in stores, I still get them before stores. Usually. The exception seems to be Dark Horse titles which they tend to get later than stores. Everything else varies but usually ships before stores get them.

indrik wrote:
I ordered something in stock and something out of stock to see how they handled it. Preorder will be the next test... if they pass this one. Muahaha, etc.

If something is out of stock, the speed in which it is replenished isn't really their responsibility. They tell the manufacturer and then they can only wait, really. So if it takes a while, its probably not their fault.
indrik

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:45 pm Reply with quote
It's not about fault, it's about how they handle it. In terms of letting me know when or if things are happening, that sort of thing. Some places are profoundly terrible at that. So I'm giving them the hardest problem I'm likely to run into with them to see how good their customer service is right off the bat. Especially since it's nothing I'm desperate for, and if it takes two or three weeks, life goes on.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2