Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hiro Fujiwara to Publish Maid Sama! 1-Shot Next Month




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ashen Phoenix



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 2579
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Okay first, the obvious: Someone license-rescue Maid-sama! and you are guaranteed my money. Without. Fail.

Second: Psyched about a bonus one-shot (even as I was thrilled with the finale), and having extra Library Wars is always, always, always welcome; and while I'm light-years behind on Vampire Knight it'll be interesting to see what the extra chapter entrails.

Lastly, please let these bonus chapters/one-shots be released stateside. I feel so sad when a series that's being released in English doesn't include things like this and end up feeling left out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
crosswithyou



Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Posts: 2777
Location: Texas
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
Lastly, please let these bonus chapters/one-shots be released stateside. I feel so sad when a series that's being released in English doesn't include things like this and end up feeling left out.

Fujiwara sensei has already mentioned on her Facebook page that the stories won't be published in tankoubon format and will only be available in this magazine, hence no possible English release. Sad

I buy the series in Japanese, but I definitely agree that someone should re-license the series so that it's available in English again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
animewire



Joined: 21 Oct 2013
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Looks like ill have to pick this show up and watch it for my self
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lys



Joined: 24 Jun 2004
Posts: 935
Location: mitten-state
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:37 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
Lastly, please let these bonus chapters/one-shots be released stateside. I feel so sad when a series that's being released in English doesn't include things like this and end up feeling left out.

Fujiwara sensei has already mentioned on her Facebook page that the stories won't be published in tankoubon format and will only be available in this magazine, hence no possible English release. :(

Is that just for Maid Sama!'s extra chapter? It seems like it'd be no problem to include the other one-shots for series that are still running (Library Wars often has a side story at the end of its volumes).

I'm a sucker for special edition magazines like this anyway, so I'll probably have to get it for myself regardless :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crosswithyou



Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Posts: 2777
Location: Texas
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:08 am Reply with quote
lys wrote:
Is that just for Maid Sama!'s extra chapter? It seems like it'd be no problem to include the other one-shots for series that are still running (Library Wars often has a side story at the end of its volumes).

Fujiwara sensei was only talking about Maid Sama! in particular, but I would assume it applies to all the other stories published in the magazine too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group