• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Expo to Host Japanese Band Angela at K Film Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omiya

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 2:41 am Reply with quote
I saw Angela in December 2012 (full concert), August 2013 (Animelo Summer Live), November 2013 (ANIMAX MUSIX)... well worth seeing.
kurotsuki

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:08 am Reply with quote
oooh, Omiya, you were at the Dai Circus too ? wasn't it great when surprise "Mikakoshi" ? it was my first time seeing them live and I've been wanting for more ever since.
I'm glad I get the chance to see them twice this year (ACen & AX) ~
omiya

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:32 am Reply with quote
kurotsuki wrote:
oooh, Omiya, you were at the Dai Circus too ? wasn't it great when surprise "Mikakoshi" ? it was my first time seeing them live and I've been wanting for more ever since.
I'm glad I get the chance to see them twice this year (ACen & AX) ~

I was at the concert in Tokyo on 28 December 2012 - didn't notice any other gaijin at the concert. Glad that the theatre was completely full of energetic fans - I've had empty seats near me at sold-out concerts of Nana Mizuki and Yuki Kajiura which was a bit disappointing. Other music of anime concerts that trip were Anison big 3 (Ichirou Mizuki, Mitsuke Horie and Hironobu Kageyama) and FictionJunction CLUB LIVE at Zepp Tokyo, plus a couple of classical concerts and the play "Kagerou Pain" starring Chiaki Ishikawa. Could have gone to Anison King if I'd confirmed a ticket earlier.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:02 am Reply with quote
Holy shit. Angela's coming to anime expo. I have to go. No way in hell im missing this.
Shiggity

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:29 am Reply with quote
I can't make it to AX this year as I wanted to, but I'll be able to see Angela at Anime Central in about 4 days! I cannot wait! It would have been cool to see them twice, but oh well. Have fun for me guys (at AX in its entirety)!
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:35 am Reply with quote
Glad to see people are happy about this. Acen Facebook was full of haters when they were announced. Ya'll so lucky. One of my all-time favorite duos right there yo.
Touma

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Acen Facebook was full of haters when they were announced.

Haters of what? Angela?
I can understand somebody not liking their music (though I love it) but why would anybody hate them?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kevinx59

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 2:00 pm Reply with quote
^I was checkin the comments on Acen and most of the people are complaining cause they have either never heard of angela or they wanted a "real" japanese band to come (like tm revolution, nico touches the wall, l'arc n ciel, etc.) Their words, not mine.

Oh well, their loss. The hate seems unjustified, unless its about their voice, which i can understand cause her voice is a little odd. Oh well. Like Kougeru, they are one of my favorite duos. Right up there with fripside and ali project for me. Im hella excited for this.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:05 pm Reply with quote
I wish I knew more Japanese and could go the French con because it's be cool to hear Tsuda say the Japanese equivalent of "Screw the rules! I have money!" because he was Kaiba in Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters.
omiya

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:27 pm Reply with quote
kevinx59 wrote:
^I was checkin the comments on Acen and most of the people are complaining cause they have either never heard of angela or they wanted a "real" japanese band to come (like tm revolution, nico touches the wall, l'arc n ciel, etc.) Their words, not mine.

I think that these people need to consider supporting Angela if they are attending Acen, even if it's avoiding saying negative comments and instead saying "they're not my favourite act, but I've heard that they are very good". Believe me, they are.

Acts like Angela are part of a community of music of anime artists (collaboration is an important part of live music of anime), and if Angela get good support from the events, other acts will be encouraged to attend future events.

Promo clip of Angela (excerpts from 3 PV's) from Anime Fest Asia 2010:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWA3KvvKtlE
kevinx59

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:26 am Reply with quote
^ Shangri La's the first angela song i ever heard and one of the very first Japanese songs i got. Tis special to me, that song. Hell, they did an awesome cover of "Cruel Angel's Thesis" (man that version would've been great for the evangelion rebuilds)
omiya

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:47 am Reply with quote
kevinx59 wrote:
^ Shangri La's the first angela song i ever heard and one of the very first Japanese songs i got. Tis special to me, that song. Hell, they did an awesome cover of "Cruel Angel's Thesis" (man that version would've been great for the evangelion rebuilds)

The Angela x Chiaki Ishikawa "Cruel Angel's Thesis" collaboration from Animelo Summer Live 2009 is one of many great collaborations, including Angela with Zwei at Animelo Summer Live 2013 (BariBari Saikyou NO.1! / Jigoku Sensei Nube OP) and Angela with Mami Kawada at Animax Musix 2013 (Koga Ninpocho / Onmyoza Basilisk OP).
Texas84

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Are they doing a full concert? Article sounds like they are only doing one song.
omiya

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:26 am Reply with quote
Texas84 wrote:
Are they doing a full concert? Article sounds like they are only doing one song.

I wish that event promoters would give better information on what to expect for musical events (how many songs, what backing musicians if any), so that people keen on the music can make up their mind as to whether to attend, and no-one gets disappointed either through missing out on a great show or hearing only a few songs when they expected more.

A full Angela concert in Japan is a long event, they have a huge amount of great material.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1