• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ryūichi Kijima Stars as New Protagonist in God Eater Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:31 am Reply with quote
Kinda new to the God Eater franchise here but that key visual looks nice. I hope this can live up to its standards ever since its announcement last year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:37 am Reply with quote
Makes one wonder who those 100 people were, eh?
Calculus20

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:20 am Reply with quote
Excited for this. It will be a nice change from Ufotable/Type-Moon and a real test to see how great of a studio Ufotable is.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:42 am Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
The staff of the anime noted at the event that studio ufotable will use hand-drawn animation to animate the God Arc weapons instead of CG.

Oh, that's interesting. I wonder how it will look, and how it will mesh with ufotable's art style.
Paulo27

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:12 am Reply with quote
MC is anime-original? Wonder how the fans will react to that, I don't remember God Eater games having that much of a story so hopefully this means they are trying to do something here.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:23 am Reply with quote
Paulo27 wrote:
MC is anime-original? Wonder how the fans will react to that, I don't remember God Eater games having that much of a story so hopefully this means they are trying to do something here.

As far as I remember, God Eater have customized main character, so he is obviously going to be anime original Very Happy
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:54 am Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
The staff of the anime noted at the event that studio ufotable will use hand-drawn animation to animate the God Arc weapons instead of CG.

Well that's a relief, I wasn't really a big fan of CG anyway.
Paulo27 wrote:

Now this is interesting. Hopefully the protagonist will be unique in himself

Overall, this is looking good so far. I'll have high hopes for this since it's Ufotable.
Paulo27

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:07 am Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
Paulo27 wrote:

As far as I remember, God Eater have customized main character, so he is obviously going to be anime original Very Happy
Ah, didn't know, but from what I read there's a "canon" MC so I thought they'd go with that, them saying "original character" also makes it seem like they'll create a brand new character just for the show and while I guess it'd still apply to the customizable MC it'd probably be worded differently, still, will be interesting to see what they do with it either way.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 11:46 am Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
Paulo27 wrote:

Is that like in Mass Effect where the default appearance of Commander Shepard is the "canon" one?
Arklight

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:15 pm Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
Paulo27 wrote:

Just like Persona 3 in which the MC's name is anonymous, there is a name for the main character in God Eater (The guy that is with Alisa). And the name is Kannagi Yuu [Reference: http://www.mangahere.co/manga/god_eater_the_summer_wars/c001/6.html]

Last edited by Arklight on Sun May 03, 2015 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
kpk

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:34 pm Reply with quote
If it's Ufotable then the animation will be better than in any other anime show out there (except for Fate Stay Night)!
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Paulo27 wrote:
I don't remember God Eater games having that much of a story so hopefully this means they are trying to do something here.

Assuming its an adaption of the first game/Burst and not a full blown original take, there's most definitely a story and a fairly nice, if not simple one. From what I've played of 2 Rage Burst, it's much more focused than the original/Burst.

The MC was also customizable and mute throughout the game outside of combat (although I think they have a spoken line in the Burst expansion). I always got that the MC was supposed to be kind of hotblooded so this works out for me.

Not sure how I like Oldcodex doing the OP as I'm not a big fan. Hopefully Over the Clouds gets in at some point though, mainly because it's what comes to mind when I think of the first game (assuming its an adaption of the first game.)
Primus

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, one of God Eater's main selling points over other hunting games is that it has a story.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:51 pm Reply with quote
It's based off the first game, thank god.
kpk

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:22 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Yeah, one of God Eater's main selling points over other hunting games is that it has a story.

But what is the story?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2