• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yuu Watase's Arata: The Legend Manga to Resume in July

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:24 am Reply with quote
This is why I think manga-ka should only work on 1 title at a time. That is, they are adding to the already hectic schedule of meeting deadlines for 1 title with doing more titles.
Hiko1391

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:06 pm Reply with quote
This manga has always interested me but I've never had the chance to buy it. Does anybody know if it's worth it?
Jess-chan

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:11 pm Reply with quote
It's an alright series. I started reading it because Yuu Watase is one of my favorite manga authors. I feel that it should end soon.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:11 am Reply with quote
Other than it being serialized in a shounen magazine, the artwork has me think that it a shoujo manga. I have noticed with some other manga.

When a person who does mainly josei, seinen, shoujo, or shounen shifts to another art style, their main art style likely will carry over because it is what they are used to working with.
WashuTakahashi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:43 am Reply with quote
For as much as I love Yuu Watase, I hate how long some of her series take to end because of hiatuses. I knew how Genbu Kaiden would end from reading the original Fushigi Yugi, but waiting years for that painful ending just made it even worse @.@

If you're already a Watase fan, Arata takes some getting used to since this is her first shonen and romance is on the back burner until a bit further into the series (and even when it becomes more noticeable, it's not the main aspect) and you can tell she's adjusting to that different kind of story. But maybe 2-3 volumes in I think she really got the hang of it and I got used to it and her plot gets a lot stronger. To super-simplify the plot, you can think of it like Pokemon. Kid gets his first Pokemon (a sword) and uses it to go around beating gym leaders of different "types" (fire, water, sound, to name a few) and collects their "gym badges" (actually collects the user/sword and gets to use those powers once he does). Once he collects all the gym badges, he has to face the "elite 4" (or 6, in this case). All in the name of saving the world! (Okay so maybe that dumbed it down a little too much and made it sound stupid, but it really is pretty enjoyable overall)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1