• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Advertorial: Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Well, this little ad reveals aspects of Chamot and Maura's abilities that the series hasn't told us yet. That's...interesting. Confused
Yorekani

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:30 am Reply with quote
Apart from those spoilers, it seems like this ad is written with "newcomers" in mind, aka people who aren't already watching/following the show. As such, Flamie's description probably shouldn't include these two sentences: "Half human and half fiend. (...) Only really trusts Adlet."

The first sentence was a "big reveal". I don't like calling it a "plottwist", because Flame was the odd one out the moment she first appeared on the screen anyway.
The second sentence is only true as of the latest episode, I think. Yes, I know her actions betrayed her words way earlier. Maybe she didn't kill him because she was curious about his motives. Whatever the reason, not killing someone doesn't equal trusting them.

Also, she isn't fast. I think it has been mentioned multiple times, mostly with Adlet's monologue/thoughts regarding how to catch up with her or escape from her. (Assuming "speed" is referring to movement speed/agility. "Attack speed" should be obvious based on their weapon(s)/power(s))
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:40 am Reply with quote
"Not actually a bunnygirl." Now that really pisses me off!
Buzz201

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:32 am Reply with quote
Crunchyroll are really desperate to ram this down our throats, huh?

If the 4 or 5 different emails I was sent about it didn't work, do you really think an advertorial will?
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:29 am Reply with quote
Anyway... this show rocks. I'm enjoying Adlet's plans, and I'm loving to hate a particular character. Also, Hans is the best bro.
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:01 am Reply with quote
There's quiet a bit of spoiler in this add, already the "twist" that there were 7 instead of 6 was spoil way ahead of time.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:43 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
There's quiet a bit of spoiler in this add, already the "twist" that there were 7 instead of 6 was spoil way ahead of time.

Not really. It's in the opening.
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:46 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
meiam wrote:

Not to mention in the general plot description attached to every preview and bit of promotional material released before the show came out. It kind of shocked me just how many people hadn't already heard about it when the "reveal" came.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:31 am Reply with quote
This show is doing a good job at shifting the focus around so it's quite hard (for me at least) to get a bearing on the 7th.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:53 pm Reply with quote
The whole darn Ad is a spoiler. Part of the fun for me is when characters reveal their abilities as the show goes on. You know kind of like a mystery.

They also didn't have to state that there was a traitor in the Ad they could have teased more and said something like this instead: "six heroes--the Braves of the Six Flowers--are chosen as warriors and protectors. But this time, there are seven heroes, what could this mean?" This one is not a big deal to me, but again it could have cultivated the mystery. I know I'm weird because I don't need a whole story spoiled to me in like say a movie trailer, and there are people who are the exact opposite and want to know everything before going into a story.

Flamie's entire description is a spoiler which is annoying. Then there's the whole "Not actually a bunny girl" thing with Nacho. No she is a bunny and she probably parties at Heff's mansion on the weekends. And Goldov? "secretly in love with her." Ha, ha that's funny. Its so obvious that its silly and characters know it. Worst kept secret ever. Maybe the description should have read "In his mind he is secretly in love with her" or better yet "he loves the Princess and thinks its a secret, but everyone knows it because he is just that dense."

While the show feels a little dragged out I enjoy it and would like to see a second season. As long as they don't bomb the ending this will probably be a hit for PonyCan when they release it.
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Darkmagick wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:

Not to mention in the general plot description attached to every preview and bit of promotional material released before the show came out. It kind of shocked me just how many people hadn't already heard about it when the "reveal" came.

That's what I mean, it seems the person in charge of marketing for Rokka really doesn't care about spoiler.
SillyPerson

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:32 pm Reply with quote
I just looked up who the traitor is, on the wiki of the side about this anime and its related manga (it was revealed long ago in the manga). But don't worry, I won't spoil it for anyone. This "advertorial" is way too full of spoilers already. It was exactly who I suspected it would be after reading all the descriptions of the characters. I've always been good at multiple choice questions and had the uncanny ability to ace multiple choice tests even if they are on subjects I know almost nothing about... if any of you likewise possess my "Multiple Choice Break" ability, don't tell anyone the answer.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:24 am Reply with quote
Actually, the anime managed to spoil who the 7th is from its goddamn ED. Maybe you DON'T put it in the title of the song next time.
grooven

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Regarding the bunny thing, I read that the ears are a helmet or something.
Necessity

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:15 pm Reply with quote
SillyPerson wrote:
I just looked up who the traitor is, on the wiki of the side about this anime and its related manga (it was revealed long ago in the manga). But don't worry, I won't spoil it for anyone. This "advertorial" is way too full of spoilers already. It was exactly who I suspected it would be after reading all the descriptions of the characters. I've always been good at multiple choice questions and had the uncanny ability to ace multiple choice tests even if they are on subjects I know almost nothing about... if any of you likewise possess my "Multiple Choice Break" ability, don't tell anyone the answer.

I'm normally quite good at this kind of thing too, though admittedly there are a few anime/manga that have thrown me through a loop and broken my confidence a bit. I'm having a little bit of a toss up between two of them at the moment, for different reasons. Besides this im trying to block any other information outside of the actual show, its kind of killing me to not just go look it up Smile
So im in a toss up between two, though I want to be surprised and for it to be the person I find third most suspicious,though I doubt it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2