• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem Crossover Game Videos Introduce Tsubasa, Side Story System

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jajanken

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:24 pm Reply with quote
"I want to be an idol" "Im sure your songs will reach them"
Holy actual sht that is so cringe. I hope this game sells horribly
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Jajanken wrote:
"I want to be an idol" "Im sure your songs will reach them"
Holy actual sht that is so cringe. I hope this game sells horribly

In the West at least, because look at a 2-month old amazon.jp chart, when the game was confirmed to be release and the bundle stuff, Japan seem to like it. (Obvious.)

http://i.imgur.com/62DA54Z.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/videogames/2279943051/ref=zg_bs_nav_vg_1_vg/375-3115590-8271315

Currently, the Fortissimo Edition is 12th (Yesterday), 14th, current.

The idol thing is very cringy, and I don't ever want to listen Tsubasa's English Singing voice if they cast someone with a high pitched voice... ugh...

Last edited by falcon.punch on Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Blaggaflagga

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:40 am Reply with quote
I have this strange clairvoyant feeling that this won't sell very well outside Japan. I wonder why...
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:44 am Reply with quote
Blaggaflagga wrote:
I have this strange clairvoyant feeling that this won't sell very well outside Japan. I wonder why...

You're pessimistic?

Jajanken wrote:
I hope this game sells horribly

Why because it's not the SMT Fire Emblem crossover you wanted it to be........or because it's on the WiiU?
DRWii

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Will the game sell as well as other successful games over here? Of course not, it's a JRPG that isn't "Final Fantasy." Will it sell as well as other JRPGs? Probably not, seeing as it's a Wii U exclusive. Will it be a failure? That depends entirely on how much money Nintendo spent on the game. I seem to remember Nintendo saying "Bayonetta 2" sold about what they expected despite everyone else going "oh god those numbers are terrible!" Also, while this might be changing in light of Wii U sales and new management, I'm pretty sure Nintendo is one of the few companies that looks at long-term sales; they're more likely to judge its success based on how much it sells in a year, rather than a week.

To comment on the actual article rather than just contributing to the "this game sucks!" "no it doesn't!" arguments that seemingly every thread about this game turns into, I'm not a fan of the little 3D squiggle around the 20 second mark in Tsubasa's video. Obviously not a deal-breaker in any way, but it just looks really weird for something like that to be a 3D asset instead of a 2D asset.

Also getting the vibe that most of the entertainment industry stuff is getting relegated to the side-stories and will be largely just aesthetic for the main story but we'll just have to wait and see.
kill-chan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:26 am Reply with quote
This idol thing is garbage no matter the genre, platform, developer and company. Seriously: wake up Japan. Stop dreaming of minors in bikini "working hard" for you and ""singing"" and ""dancing"" embarassing songs supposedly dedicated to you (written by who knows who, btw), and focus on real women your age you might actually get to meet someday. jeez
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1