• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: BPO Publishes Viewer Complaint About Man Catching Brother Masturbating in Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:24 pm Reply with quote
"The parents stated that while the anime airs during a late night block, the program should be more considerate of younger kids that may watch the anime."

Sorry but younger kids should probably already be in bed by that time. If they do catch it on TV then you're doing something wrong, not the show.
To me this screams either bad parenting or people desperately seeking attention. Osomatsu-san is seriously popular right now so I guess it's an easy target.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cloud8100

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Jeez Louise, its like a lot of people can't control their own kids.

Keep an eye on them at late night then dammit. I really don't see how you can complain if it airs late night.

Jeeeeeeeez
kazenoyume

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:33 pm Reply with quote
I agreed with their complaint against Pripara. That's a show for young children (young girls, specifically), and to show the characters sexualised in negligee is frankly not okay.

But this is silly.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:15 pm Reply with quote
The only way to put these old biddies in their place is to have Go Nagai write the next episode.

Last edited by penguintruth on Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:49 pm Reply with quote
From the article, "the parents stated that while the anime airs during a late night block, the program should be more considerate of younger kids that may watch the anime."

When it's late-night anime, you shouldn't really have to worry about this. The parents should be more considerate of the younger audience that might watch this program. That's why I am happy that American shows have the TV ratings.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:23 pm Reply with quote
There's worse you could have complained about. Besides, what is this show's demographic in Japan?
Guile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:38 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
There's worse you could have complained about. Besides, what is this show's demographic in Japan?

It's based off of a shounen manga but airs on a late night slot so it's kind of a mix. There's been other instances of a kids comic getting an anime adaption on a late night timeslot like Silver Spoon and Death Note. None of them have content anymore extreme than other shounen anime that air during the day like Naruto, Magi, or Conan. I think they might air certain shows late night because of lack of merchandise and advertisement potential so they bank on disc sales for reimbursement
GeneStriker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:06 pm Reply with quote
PC League, Japanese Division strikes again! This time, preying on six hapless brothers! Will the Matsunos ever fap again? Or are they doomed to be sexually unsatisfied for the rest of their runtime???

But seriously. Don't watch this with your kids unless you're prepared for the consequences, and don't complain when the obvious fallout happens. It's your fault you let them watch it, not the Matsunos'.
drifty1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:19 pm Reply with quote
I guess nobody is really surprised that the Japanese also sometimes get their panties (pansu?) in a bunch...
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:10 pm Reply with quote
cloud8100 wrote:
Jeez Louise, its like a lot of people can't control their own kids.

I don't think it is about the kids. I think it is about the adults and their own blanket zone of comfort. The kids are just an excuse.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:10 pm Reply with quote
So this group is basically the Japanese equivalent of the Parents Television Council whackjobs, then?
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:25 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Hoppy800 wrote:
Stop letting your children watch late night anime. You know it's not good for them so why are you imbeciles letting them watch it anyway. Also with a primetime show that's really graphic but has a message like IBO, just watch that with your kid.
To be fair it is a kids show

If it is a kids show, then why is it on late at night. Isn't late night for more mature shows.

This just shows that the BPO has an agenda. They want to 'clean up' the airwaves, including what plays late night and very early morning.
mrsatan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:18 am Reply with quote
Stullz wrote:
Except most of the shows I was thinking of and the example used (Gantz) came out in 2004... It just seems that recently (past 2-3 years) there has been a drastic change regarding violence/nudity in anime. Course I could be missing some of the facts as well. (I know recent shows often save nudity for home releases and certain types of violence as well)

GANTZ was heavily edited on its original TV broadcast. From what I understand, that version didn't even make any sense .
I don't think you're imagining things. Censorship seems to have been getting stricter and stricter every year in Japan. (A lot of the reasons for this have been covered by this site.)
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:51 am Reply with quote
It will always be "US" versus "the prudes" of the world. The prudes have made their way up the ranks since the crazy cool Japanimation of the past. Nothing we can do.
Rensie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:53 am Reply with quote
Usagi-kun wrote:
I don't think it is about the kids. I think it is about the adults and their own blanket zone of comfort. The kids are just an excuse.

This, kids are just an exploit when someone want to censor something he don't like. Is a classic excuse in the west too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3