• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Art Club Has a Problem! (TV).

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:29 pm Reply with quote

Kono This Art Club Has a Problem! (Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!) (TV)

Genre: Comedy
Themes: Art

Plot Summary: An art club in a certain middle school has the following members: Subaru Uchimaki, who is a genius at drawing faces, but only wants to draw the perfect 2D wife; Colette, a rich troublemaker who never stops making mischief; and the club president, who sleeps through sessions and collects sleeping aids. Mizuki Usami is the only person in the club who wants to do art club-like activities, and constantly struggles to do so.
----------------------------------
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:06 am Reply with quote
Episode 1:

Neat episode, the OP song has a small bit of fan service which is kinda funny. Usami is also quite adorable, a bit of an airhead but cute.

The art is refreshing (silly in a way as well). Kinda expected a lot of blushing in this as well. I think the show is rather laid-back in ways too and pretty straightforward in terms of storytelling. Glad to see that they adapted the art in style as it's part of the series' themes. I like it so far although we'll meet more characters soon besides Usami, Uchimaki, and the President (I think that's literally his name in the show).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Beltane70

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:27 am Reply with quote
I wonder how many people spoiler[saw Colette hiding inside the art room locker]?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:51 am Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
I wonder how many people spoiler[saw Colette hiding inside the art room locker]?

I did not notice, although I guess watching while sick does not help.

So far I have no strong feelings beyond it being something I will watch because these sort of shows tend to be an easy pick for me. Pantyshot felt better than some, which I might attribute that that it was something seen by the characters rather than the audience at first, and then used in a joke of her in the right at being annoyed at the guy having managed to take a picture, that it became less of an exploitation of character to the audience in the moment and more that the pose was risky and that boys were in the wrong for capturing that moment.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:

So many misunderstandings this episode LOL
Oh God that was funny, loved how they are presenting President in this series. Just so funny.

Uchimaki is also such a dense guy. I mean, it's so obvious that Usami likes him but he's too interested in his 2D waifus lol. Got a bit weird with the segment when he saw the little girl walking past him lol...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:54 pm Reply with quote
As soon as I saw the strap I did think it might get his attention.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3:

I thought Collette's appearance this episode is priceless. Sleepy girl found in club room!

Might have to get used to her voice although it's what I had expected by her playful personality. She can really behave like a kid but I find her fun to watch this episode like when she was playing her shoes.

The indirect kiss segment was priceless. Uchimaki really is as dense as a black hole...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:56 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

In my opinion, Colette is a pretty awesome character. She kind of gives off a Dekomori vibe, although somewhat funnier. Probably partially from a shared voice actress. The parts where she clearly found her locket in her pockets after accusing the boys, and I assume teasing with Shou and Bob, were pretty funny.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 3:

Had a lot of fun watching this episode. We got Yumeko, the club advisor making her debut. The art Uchimaki and Usami made is phenomenal! Colette's segments were cute too with her shadow game. And the part where she rolled reminded me of Akatsuki from Log Horizon.

Grats to Usami on getting Uchimaki's phone number. Another life achievement accomplished! (for her anyways)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:20 am Reply with quote
Interestingly learned that the little girl who was lost in the other episode is the granddaughter of their now previous advisor.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5:

Another funny episode, I love how the misunderstandings built one one top of each other until everyone got confused for the first half. Oh silly Colette, she kinda started it all when she was messing with that head model.

The second segment was entertaining too. I kinda like how they take the imagination of their minds and made that art while cleaning the pool. The awkward moment when they couldn't get the paint off though....
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:14 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Another funny episode, I love how the misunderstandings built one one top of each other until everyone got confused for the first half. Oh silly Colette, she kinda started it all when she was messing with that head model.

I have the same feeling. I mean, misunderstandings kind of like this are one of the biggest clichés in the genre, but I found the episode very entertaining. Like of course the teacher is going to mistake the head as real, and then that is going to make them faint. Uchimaki is the one left with her while Usami went to get help, he thinks he heard of something to help elsewhere, which was of course from manga, reads manga where he gets distracted before getting back on task and of course it being a manga it was "mouth to mouth". Followed by the president misunderstanding, and a really confused conversation with Colette. Rather than being bored with the misunderstanding, it was actually kind of funny, plus Colette's ridiculous painting of the head with the final touch of "meat" written on it. Oh, and finishing off that of course Uchimaki would be shocked to see a big flower drawn over his waifu artwork, the teacher thinking it was just a compliment.

Have to repeat that Colette is easily the funest character of the show. All the over the top winking and such, and the random dove part with all the coos. Kind of reminded of a pigeon game.

At the end, the art club indeed has a problem.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6:

About time Imari showed up. New transfer student girl getting a lot of attention and has some chuunibyou-like behavior. I smell some jealousy coming from Usami and honestly I'm not surprised,. Imari and Uchimaki has some common interests..

Thought Usami and Uchimaki had some cute chemistry. I swear, Uchimaki is too damn dense.

Really awkward trip to the store between her, Uchimaki and Imari. However, I think she's pretty funny and glad to see her help out that kid with the balloon.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:41 am Reply with quote
Really, the Imari girl has some nice chemistry with him. Although that that the other two can fight is maybe worth something still.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Usami snapped!

Uchimaki ruined a perfect mood when she was wearing that awesome dark outfit. Sigh, if only the mirror wasn't there. Then again, I bet Usami will be fantasizing like she did already with her greeting Uchimaki in an apron as a "wife" from her daydream. She should wear this again!

Imari is still awesome as usual, no wonder Colette admires her. Pretty amusing episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2