• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Expo 2017 to Host Zelda Manga's Akira Himekawa, Add Preview Night on Day 0

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:42 am Reply with quote
So AX has officially become the anime/manga version of ComicCon. I'm sure we'll one day look back fondly when, once upon a time, you didn't have to be grandfathered in to buy a ticket to attend the event.
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:43 am Reply with quote
Wow, not even a full day since the event and they're announcing stuff for next year. Amazing.
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:45 am Reply with quote
Could they be doing a manga for Breath of the Wild Smile and i was about to ask is the Anime Expo the Anime equivalent of E3
Cerceaux

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Well there are dozens of other smaller cons throughout California all year so if AX becomes too industry focused there are other options for people who want more of a fan-gathering type of experience.
Personally I find the industry stuff fun, I enjoy all the big booths, guests and freebies. I go to small cons too but AX being so huge gives it an energy that's hard to replicate on a smaller scale.
tintor2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Does Link talk in the manga? Shocked
Asterisk-CGY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
So AX has officially become the anime/manga version of ComicCon. I'm sure we'll one day look back fondly when, once upon a time, you didn't have to be grandfathered in to buy a ticket to attend the event.

Oh no they won't do that. That would mean capping attendance. They'll never cap attendance. They'll keep crowding down by providing a horrible experience.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1