• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Touhou Genso Rondo: Bullet Ballet's Latest English Trailer Reveals Yukari as Playable Characte

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:48 pm Reply with quote
why do you post news about this random touhou fangame but none about the actual, official franchise
AmuroNT1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Arale Kurashiki wrote:
why do you post news about this random touhou fangame but none about the actual, official franchise

Because the fangame is coming out in America but the official games aren't.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:36 pm Reply with quote
It would be cool if they ended up getting Inoue Kikuko to voice her like in Sealed Esoteric History, but that's probably a long shot.

Arale Kurashiki wrote:

This single fangame has gotten more western media attention than most canon Touhou games, by virtue of the facts that (a) it's receiving a very impressive collectors edition from a major anime-related game publisher; (b) it's being released on a console; and (c) it's actually getting an official English translation, unlike Playism's digital-only Western release of Touhou 14. It also is the product of a major multi-game distribution partnership between the Touhou fan community and Sony which has ZUN's blessing, so any attention this game receives helps promote future planned Touhou localizations.
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:53 pm Reply with quote
i don't see why real touhou games need localizations given how easy the quality fan translations are to use, though

they're pc games, so nothing's stopping anybody from using them. official localization will probably never happen anyway given that ZUN can't do them himself and he won't let anybody but him do it

ehhh i just really like touhou and the art for this fangame seems so moe in comparison to the actual content of the series. touhou characters aren't cute and submissive, they're rude and chaotic

i might still check it out though for the sheer novelty of being able to buy a touhou fangame in an average game store
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Arale Kurashiki wrote:
ehhh i just really like touhou and this fangame seems so generic and moe in comparison to the actual content of the series

Yeah, it's not the best-looking Touhou fangame in the world. I'm not planning on getting it, but I hope it does well, because that could lead to an increase in sales of the original games (you'd think that, being import titles from a few years back, the more famous Touhou games would be hard to find in the West, but they're all readily available on AmazonPrime at pretty reasonable prices - I think I paid 20 bucks for Ten Desires).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1