• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Barangay 143 Basketball Anime Premieres Spring 2017 With Tagalog Dub

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:12 am Reply with quote
Ugh, please don't get local celebrities, Hero TV's experience should teach us they make horrible VAs.

Instead, please tap the very underrated pool of professional Filipino voice actors. This should be their chance to gain some recognition for the awesome work they do.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:16 am Reply with quote
I will take a look at the one with the Japanese dub if it's available.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:59 am Reply with quote
As a Filipino, I still have mixed opinion of this. While the first screenshot looks a little bland, the second one impressed me. The sypnosis does interest me as well. This could more than just a basketball anime.

CG wrote:
Ugh, please don't get local celebrities, Hero TV's experience should teach us they make horrible VAs.

Instead, please tap the very underrated pool of professional Filipino voice actors. This should be their chance to gain some recognition for the awesome work they do.

It has been like three years since I watched Hero TV and I do not have a TV. I do not know what our country's or international's reception of our Filipino seiyuus but I have so gotten used to their sometimes cringe-worthy voice dubs (particularly the LL dubs) that I may not have issue with this anime's dub.
PritongKandule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:21 am Reply with quote
inb4 someone brings up the infamous Initial D animax dub lul

[edit]

like it or not, people will still watch it and it's not like you guys can have a full say on the cast.

Maybe when there's finally a market for local VA's and they get actually recognised for VA work.

Considering the setting, it is kinda of a big deal so it's only logical for the producers to pull a celebrity cast. Is it guaranteed to be good? Probably not. Will it build cheap hype? Yes.

Ideally, this should have been a good start but oh well.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

--
also
>subscription game
These people never learn with the recently released Voltes V game huh?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1