• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Claymore's Norihiro Yagi Draws Gekkō no Arcadia 1-Shot Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:33 pm Reply with quote
The summary sounds like a thinly disguised pilot. or maybe there isn't even a disguise at all.

Personally, I prefer one-shots that are self-contained. The author of Nisekoi wrote a one-shot a couple of months ago, Toki Doki, which told a complete story in 49 pages, and I liked it. The way I see it, if you want to make a new series, go through the proper channels to make a new series. Don't use a different format meant for other things to promote it.
Black Turtle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:40 am Reply with quote
Well, it was nice, but it seems more like a pilot than a one-shot. Which lead me to one question. Why Jump, why? I hope this is gonna get serialised. Because for now, the new jump series are pretty week (Demon's Plan was horrible, I could finish the first chapter, it was cliché and déjà vu). The only other thing that had potential lately was Sahara the flower Samurai... and it was only a 3 chapter serie. Why don't you serialise those, jump?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1