• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Red River Manga Gets New Chapter, Musical by Takarazuka Revue

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Cool a new chapter wonder whats its gonna be about, remember reading this manga few years back when i started reading manga ^^
klv
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I am kind of freaking out right now. Anatolia Story was one of the first shojo manga that ever really grabbed me by the soul. I have thought about it from time to time for the past ten years or so... this is really exciting!
Animechic420

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:26 pm Reply with quote
It's starting to feel like old shoujo manga are slowly coming back. This needs an anime, too. I loved Red River. Anime smile
Sakurafire_

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:34 pm Reply with quote
One of the few series that I wish came in 3-in-1 volumes.... =(
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Sakurafire_ wrote:
One of the few series that I wish came in 3-in-1 volumes.... =(

Yeah, I wish that this was re-released as an omnibus. I was too consumed by other long series at the time, like From Far Away and Fushigi Yuugi. Would still love to check out Red River at some point.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Viz really needs to reread this series in some format or the other. I've tried collecting it, but when you get to around volume 14, the volumes shoot up to a good 20-40 bucks a volume.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
It's starting to feel like old shoujo manga are slowly coming back. This needs an anime, too. I loved Red River. Anime smile

I'm all for all the action adventure shoujo from the 90's getting anime remakes Red River, Please Save My Earth, Basara, From Far Away, and the Fushigi Yugi spin-offs. That'd be awesome!
But Takurazuka Revue musicals are great, too.
Graceful Nanami

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:04 am Reply with quote
Oh yay! First Kare First Love gets a new chapter after all these years and now Red River? I almost can't believe it. I just hope that I can somehow find a way to read them both sometime since Viz sure as hell won't do anything with them.

Such amazing memories. I need to go back and read this stuff again but my backlog is terrible already. And I guess being 34 years old doesn't help. But that shouldn't matter, right? Right.
BlueCatMage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:51 am Reply with quote
OMG! I just about nearly passed out from shock when I read that Red River was actually going to be getting a new chapter! I am so insanely exited for the new chapter right now! But it does bring about a rather good question, What on earth is the chapter going to be about?

I mean, I don't know how many people here have read the last volume of the manga, but it did in fact very neatly tie up all of the loose ends for each character and gave us the mildly happy/depressing historical ending we all knew was coming. So again, I'm kind of puzzled about what would be left to write about? I guess we'll have too.

Truthfully, I would be very happy if more of her works were released in English. Especially her new one about Alexandra, the woman who would one day be known as Roxolana, Empress of the Ottoman Empire. I am definitely enjoying that one very much right now! Very Happy
tofukitty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Red river is probably my favorite manga. Definitely my most re-read. Man I wish I could see that play! I also wish viz would do a reasonably priced bundle for digital edition. A 3-in one would be great too (Not for my wallet I'd probably double dip!) I'd also love an anime an d a please save my earth reboot. I know this series has some pitfalls but every time I go to read a certain chapter I get sucked in and have to finish the series. It's nice to see other people like it too.
tofukitty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Red river is probably my favorite manga. Definitely my most re-read. Man I wish I could see that play! I also wish viz would do a reasonably priced bundle for digital edition. A 3-in one would be great too (Not for my wallet I'd probably double dip!) I'd also love an anime an d a please save my earth reboot. I know this series has some pitfalls but every time I go to read a certain chapter I get sucked in and have to finish the series. It's nice to see other people like it too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1