• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pow! Entertainment Owner Camsing Comments on Stan Lee's Lawsuit

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:06 pm Reply with quote
yeah. I don't believe them. Too much stuff been weird with him lately.
Waraich

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm a simple man i see Chinese companies i expect shenanigans
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the message was too deflective and counter accusatory. A sign that they know they are in the wrong.

I fear this might end up in Chinese courts, where Stan will not get his property back. Crying or Very sad
Waraich

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:26 am Reply with quote
SWAnimefan wrote:
Yeah, the message was too deflective and counter accusatory. A sign that they know they are in the wrong.

I fear this might end up in Chinese courts, where Stan will not get his property back. Crying or Very sad

This lawsuit will take place in the US. He is not suing Camsing International Holding but Pow! Entertainment.
Even if he was suing Camsing it would take place in Hong Kong not mainland china so i think your fears are unfounded.
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:48 am Reply with quote
I just checked - the court still does not have any record of it actually being filed.

And almost all the websites that had a copy of the actual document linked yesterday have taken it down overnight.

Yes, could be real. Or could be a desperate PR move.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:48 pm Reply with quote
I would be more fair and give them the benefit of the doubt for now. There have been a ton of rumors about the people close to Stan Lee controlling him. It's a muddled mess now, and hopefully it won't end up on Discovery ID.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:52 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
I would be more fair and give them the benefit of the doubt for now. There have been a ton of rumors about the people close to Stan Lee controlling him. It's a muddled mess now, and hopefully it won't end up on Discovery ID.

Now that Stan has finally also gotten control over his social-media Facebook and Twitter accounts (which up to now someone else was handling for him), he's been taking his message to the online fans personally, and he sounds pretty serious about the idea that someone basically swindled him out of his signature.
Stan's record has never been spotless either, but if it's a Chinese company, I believe him a lot more than I do them.

(I'm not a wide Twitter user, but I feel a sense of pride being one of the fans who had to explain basic Twitter usage to him. Very Happy )
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1