• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fate/Grand Order Celebrates 14 Million Downloads with Anime Ad

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:39 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure if anyone at ANN realized, but the JP commercials showing off spoiler[loli Da Vinci] is kind of a spoiler for anyone not playing the JP version even if the commercial doesn't explicitly show what happened to her that made her that way. I mean if I showed you a picture of a character with one arm who previously had two arms, it spoils that they lose an arm even if you don't know how.

None of the JP material seems to care about this anymore, but a lot of English version only players aren't familiar with how the Lost Belt arc got started. I can also see the argument that anyone who clicks on a video for FGO that isn't explicitly for the English version is basically agreeing to accept that there is a good chance for some spoilers. Anyway, might be worth at least a heads up.
Chrizy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:33 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
I'm not sure if anyone at ANN realized, but the JP commercials showing off spoiler[loli Da Vinci] is kind of a spoiler for anyone not playing the JP version even if the commercial doesn't explicitly show what happened to her that made her that way. I mean if I showed you a picture of a character with one arm who previously had two arms, it spoils that they lose an arm even if you don't know how.

None of the JP material seems to care about this anymore, but a lot of English version only players aren't familiar with how the Lost Belt arc got started. I can also see the argument that anyone who clicks on a video for FGO that isn't explicitly for the English version is basically agreeing to accept that there is a good chance for some spoilers. Anyway, might be worth at least a heads up.

Really? You haven't seen most of the FGO community I guess, NA players are well aware of what happens in JP thanks to Reddit, Twitter, YouTube and even Gamepedia and wiki.

You cannot avoid FGO spoilers at all, period.
Azza Murphy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:45 am Reply with quote
Well to be fair the JP version has been out for like what 3 or 4 years now and about 80% or more of the players on NA have been playing on the JP version anyway.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1