• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Exclusive: Aksys Games Teases Nintendo Switch Otome Games Coming in 2020

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manapear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:41 am Reply with quote
When will we get our announcements though!? lmao

Aksys, I will sincerely apologize and repent if ya'll deliver. I really hope Cendrillon is one of them, and/or Gensou Kisa. There's a lot of options here.

I might cry depending on what they localize. I wonder if they'll only stick with Otomate games though?
dollssoulkirie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:53 am Reply with quote
manapear wrote:
When will we get our announcements though!? lmao

Aksys, I will sincerely apologize and repent if ya'll deliver. I really hope Cendrillon is one of them, and/or Gensou Kisa. There's a lot of options here.

I might cry depending on what they localize. I wonder if they'll only stick with Otomate games though?

Their Anime Expo panel is today at 3:30PM Pacific/6:30PM Eastern. So a few members of the Otome Armada are gonna watch their stream and hope we'll get the news there! All previous otome games from this year and the last few years were announced at Anime Expo. So it's kinda been a tradition for the Armada to keep an eye out for otome news each July.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Idea Factory have been porting a lot of Otome games to the Switch so I'd imagine some of them at least.
Blueno

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm really curious which demographic/types of people these Otome games appeal to. Are these gamers gay, or female teenagers, I honestly do not mean to offend by saying this. The first ever Vita game I played was a Hakiouki game. It didn't tickle my fancy because I am 24 yr old straighr male, I prefer a harem of big-booby chicks over male mc. Just to kinda show you were I am coming from. But yeah just curious.
mistress_kisara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Blueno wrote:
I'm really curious which demographic/types of people these Otome games appeal to. Are these gamers gay, or female teenagers, I honestly do not mean to offend by saying this. The first ever Vita game I played was a Hakiouki game. It didn't tickle my fancy because I am 24 yr old straighr male, I prefer a harem of big-booby chicks over male mc. Just to kinda show you were I am coming from. But yeah just curious.

Its the same reason why you like a harem of booby chicks Rolling Eyes
Momiji-k

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Blueno wrote:

It's called Otome Game meaning Maiden Game. These games are made to appeal to women of all ages. I've loved these games for years and still play them at over the age of 40 (straight female here). My daughter plays them as well, age 15. I have a straight male friend that plays them because a lot of them have really good stories and he appreciates that. I'm sure they appeal to a wide range of people. But the target audience is women.

For me, I LOVE visual novels. I'll play any of them. I have more of the harem games than anything because that's what has been published the most. I'll even play horror themed games (I'm not a horror fan at all). But for me the Otome games are my favorite kind. I do have a couple of non-Otome visual novels that are in my top favorites list. Fate/Stay Night is one of them.
Blueno

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It's called Otome Game meaning Maiden Game. These games are made to appeal to women of all ages. I've loved these games for years and still play them at over the age of 40 (straight female here). My daughter plays them as well, age 15. I have a straight male friend that plays them because a lot of them have really good stories and he appreciates that. I'm sure they appeal to a wide range of people. But the target audience is women.

For me, I LOVE visual novels. I'll play any of them. I have more of the harem games than anything because that's what has been published the most. I'll even play horror themed games (I'm not a horror fan at all). But for me the Otome games are my favorite kind. I do have a couple of non-Otome visual novels that are in my top favorites list. Fate/Stay Night is one of them.

Thanks for the educational reply. You have enlightened me with insight on the fan-base of these games. I'm glad you got your family into games. I intend to do the same when I start mine, hopefully when I am ready to settle.[quote]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1