• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Issues Correction Regarding 2 Persona 5 Manga Licenses Mistakenly Announced at Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:53 am Reply with quote
Wonder how the announcement sounded at AX. Did it sound like a mistake, or did they just announce it prematurely? Did the Japanese license holders go back on a contract, or was the contract just unfinished at the time? If they’re just gonna license these in the near future anyways, I don’t see the need to confuse everyone, unless another company that had a higher bid is getting it...
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:55 pm Reply with quote
This is interesting. I'd be fascinated to learn exactly what this means. Like, did the license announcement come prematurely or is it outright not theirs and it went to another publisher? How did it sound at the panel itself? That last part's the craziest thing to me.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:38 pm Reply with quote
This was one of my favorite announcements from anime expo that I heard about. I wanted to buy and actually read these manga actually
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1