• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: citrus Anime's English Dub Stars Megan Shipman, Amber Lee Connors

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Having just watched the first episode I think everyone did a good job. Was not expecting Amber Lee Connors to be Mei but she pulled it off very well. Both leads did a good job and I do want to hear more of Margaret McDonald as Harumin.

One of the things I've liked about these simuldubs is that we get to hear more Sentai actors come in to record. I don't listen to a lot of their dubs (they are more miss than hit to me) but I do know their actor pool has some talent.
Random Name

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Just watched the dub and thought it was great. Infact I was planning on canceling my Funi account since their not SimulDubbing any of the cute girls doing cute things shows but I'm going to stick around for this.(was really hoping for Märchen Mädchen...)

Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

One of the things I've liked about these simuldubs is that we get to hear more Sentai actors come in to record. I don't listen to a lot of their dubs (they are more miss than hit to me) but I do know their actor pool has some talent.
I don't know when the last Sentai dub you heard was but they have vastly improved. So may be worth checking out if it's been awhile Hidive has their most recent ones.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:07 am Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
I don't know when the last Sentai dub you heard was but they have vastly improved. So may be worth checking out if it's been awhile Hidive has their most recent ones.

Last Sentai dubs I've heard were MonMusu and Amagi Brilliant Park and I wasn't super impressed by them. They weren't bad at all, just average.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Been wondering if there has been any update on a 2nd season yet? I really hope they make one...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1