• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Anime's 'Last Season' Confirmed for April

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omiya

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:35 am Reply with quote
Orchestral concert on 11th April 2020: https://sao-orchestra.net/
PonSquared

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Ever since the War part of the story started, SA:O has been phononimal to watch. I don't know where the story goes next after the Underworld Arc ends but I can not imagine it will be as good as what we are getting right now.
Pedram

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:11 pm Reply with quote
PonSquared wrote:
Ever since the War part of the story started, SA:O has been phononimal to watch. I don't know where the story goes next after the Underworld Arc ends but I can not imagine it will be as good as what we are getting right now.

New Arc so far is pretty chill so far.

I also doubt it gonna get as crazy as War of UnderWorld, which in my opinion, was even 100 time better in the light novels than the current anime we are watching.

But I honestly enjoying the new Arc "Unital Ring" a lot.

It's very simply enjoyable.

the plot is just interesting, the game design and mechanism, the character interactions, neglected characters getting focused, the story progress and mysteries, the cool reveals and characters and plot point that was lose, are all gathering back and getting resolved.

at least that's how it looks like from the first 2 volume that's out atm.

So yeh, I honestly, really enjoyed the new Arc, Once you start it, it just make you invested and intrigued to read the rest. but in term of the crazyness of the Arc, it's nowhere near War of UnderWorld.

you can say, they are both very enjoyable for me, but for two completely different thing.

But then again... Alicization was Volume 9 to 18. and the first 2 volume was pretty chill too tbh... other than Kirito getting drugged and goblin fight, nothing happen in 2 whole volume.

So compare to Alicization, the first 2 volume of Unital Ring is doing a much better job in my opinion, who knows what will happen afterward.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2