• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Avex, Sony Music, Kojima Production Employees Diagnosed With COVID-19

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:53 am Reply with quote
Thankfully, treatments for this virus have already had some success to some anecdotal stories, so hopefully, those treatments are legitimate and are effective enough to make the virus a non-issue in a couple of months.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Japan is most fortunate that they came up with treatments sooner, cutting down the time to recover to four days. I read that treatment was sent to China and couple other South Asian countries. I'm curious if their sending off to other places.
SejinPK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Kojima Productions said that public health officials stated it is not mandatory to close the company's office because the diagnosed employee was not in the office at the onset of symptoms, and his fellow employees are not considered close contacts. However, the company independently decided to temporarily close and disinfect its office, have all employees work from home, and supervise and support the health of all staff.

Good, that's the smart way to handle it. I don't get why so many people and organizations are still going by (onset of) symptoms so much, since from what I can tell, there's a continually increasing understanding that people can be totally asymptomatic and still pass the virus to others, and not just when they're in the incubation period. Yes, symptoms are what we have to go by since they're what's outwardly detectable, but the whole "Oh, you haven't been symptomatic, it's fine" thing seems really shortsighted at this point. Such a stance increasingly feels like willful ignorance to me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1