• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A Certain Scientific Railgun T Anime's Episode 13 Airs on May 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Well, at least we got a date, honestly I was expecting the air date to be much later than early May.

A ray of light indeed surrounded by the news of COVID-related delays, even there is no way the show would finish by the end of June as scheduled (the third season has 25 episodes) , but we are definitely seeing the hard-working staff doing their absolute best despite facing so many unexpected obstacles.

They have my utmost respect, please stay safe, I can't speak for others, but I can wait if they need extra time to manage their best effort.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Well, at least we got a date, honestly I was expecting the air date to be much later than early May.

A ray of light indeed surrounded by the news of COVID-related delays, even there is no way the show would finish by the end of June as scheduled (the third season has 25 episodes) , but we are definitely seeing the hard-working staff doing their absolute best despite facing so many unexpected obstacles.

They have my utmost respect, please stay safe, I can't speak for others, but I can wait if they need extra time to manage their best effort.

Well put. Delays are really nothing in the larger scope, especially delays as short as this. I'm glad they didn't give a date until they were ready as well - it's safer that way. I hope it means they're also giving their staff as much time as needed rather than rushing them to meet "Deadlines".
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:52 am Reply with quote
Knowing that we are going to face the worst global recession since the WW2, i wouldn't be surprised if the japanese government asked that every activity area should resume their work asap, that's what's going on here in France even though we have yet to reach the end of the containment.

It's a dangerous decision but understandable, delaying the resumption of their activity until the threat disappears will only cause the studios to face bankruptcy so we can expect that more and more indefinitely delayed animes will return during the next few weeks ( as a reminder, we are going to live with this ennemy until a vaccine is created, so far it seems that the earliest expectations are 1 to 2 years ).

Let's pray for them to be able to work from their home as much as possible until then.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:04 am Reply with quote
Hopefully the dub will be back on track soon. Alison Viktorin (Voice of Kuroko) said that she was recording for Funi from home now, so she more than likely got one of those kits that they've been floating out to VAs recently.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1