• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix India Releases Overlord: The Dark Hero Film on July 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tripple-A

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:42 pm Reply with quote
What's up with all these indian news these days? The US news are already really annoying because there are so many, a lot of readers don't live in the US and even if they do, many do not care. I wouldn't even want german news because I don't care for my local market and I certainly don't care for all these non Japan asian news, it's really spamming the site full.
It may be okay if it were only the important news and not every single release, or is there a way to exclude the non Japan regional news?
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Tripple-A wrote:
What's up with all these indian news these days? The US news are already really annoying because there are so many, a lot of readers don't live in the US and even if they do, many do not care. I wouldn't even want german news because I don't care for my local market and I certainly don't care for all these non Japan asian news, it's really spamming the site full.
It may be okay if it were only the important news and not every single release, or is there a way to exclude the non Japan regional news?

Given that there's the news of Akatsuki collabing with Netflix India to bring Anime content to their version, including dubs of the country and even their own dub of English, it may be for that.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:17 am Reply with quote
We recently hired an India Editor to curate an India-centric feed for us, just as we have a Southeast Asia-centric feed and a French-centric feed. We also have an editor who writes about UK/Irish news.

Next to ANN's logo at the very top of the page is a drop-down menu for locations. If you click "USA & Canada" you will only see Japan-centric news and US/Canada news. You will no longer see UK/Irish/Indian/Southeast Asian news if you do that. But currently we have no way to make a feed that only shows Japan-centric news.
stefand

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:30 am Reply with quote
It`s OK to bring India specific news. But it makes no sense, to have for each Netflix release a separate news entry, especially if it's e.g. 3 news entries for Code Geass.
Makes it look like spam.
kikuzinho

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:31 am Reply with quote
Crystalyn wrote:
We recently hired an India Editor to curate an India-centric feed for us, just as we have a Southeast Asia-centric feed and a French-centric feed. We also have an editor who writes about UK/Irish news.

Next to ANN's logo at the very top of the page is a drop-down menu for locations. If you click "USA & Canada" you will only see Japan-centric news and US/Canada news. You will no longer see UK/Irish/Indian/Southeast Asian news if you do that. But currently we have no way to make a feed that only shows Japan-centric news.

Maybe you should add to the drop-down menu the UK/Irish news that seem to be missing? Obviously the best way would be to add japan related only one, but until that happens I would be less annoyed with something closer to home.

I agree with stefand, the spam is massive. 3 pieces of news from same franchise, for the same country and from the same streaming platform does not deserve separate news. Sounds like clickbait shit celebrity based websites pull all the time Anime dazed
Tripple-A

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:11 am Reply with quote
Crystalyn wrote:
Next to ANN's logo at the very top of the page is a drop-down menu for locations. If you click "USA & Canada" you will only see Japan-centric news and US/Canada news.

That's good to know, reduces the spam A LOT.
Good to see I'm not the only one annoyed by it and the main problem is, just as stefand also said, the insane amount of "news". Honestly I would be slightly interested to see a headline that says "40 anime to be released in India" but nothing more.
Also, as kikuzinho said, there should be an option for UK, because most people in Europe, even those that do not live in the UK (only) care for that market, as it's the best country to import anime from.
I would prefer a Japan + Global news and with global I mean stuff that matters for every country like a western release of a game.
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:37 pm Reply with quote
IIRC, the lack of a generalized Europe or UK feed is because of GDPR issues. I do agree that it's silly Europeans are being lumped in with Asia and U.S.-specific news.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:41 am Reply with quote
Thank you all for your feedback. We'll keep this all in mind as we continue to grow the India news feed and other regional feeds on the site. The anime market in India is pretty small, so we have been writing up each individual announcement to bring awareness for our India readers, who don't have the kind of wide availability of anime that Western countries have. But I do understand all your feedback and we'll take it into consideration.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1