• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yasuke Anime Reveals Teaser, Visual, More Staff

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fenrin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Voice acting seems kinda lackluster but I'm still interested. Would've liked it without the fantasy elements though.
HoshizoranoUtage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I wish they used Japanese voice actors, or more experienced English-speaking ones...The voice acting doesn't seem that great to me. I also agree about the fantasy elements. Just make it a straight up historical anime, something like Vinland Saga, and I'd be a lot more interested. I'll still give it a chance though.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Yeah to be honest I was finding the trailer more interesting before the introduction of the “mechs and magic” aspect, but the animation looks good and the setup is interesting. I just hope their story is OK. The list of credits seems to be missing any writing credit/s.

Is there reason to think they won’t do a Japanese dub?
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Sven Viking wrote:
Yeah to be honest I was finding the trailer more interesting before the introduction of the “mechs and magic” aspect, but the animation looks good and the setup is interesting. I just hope their story is OK. The list of credits seems to be missing any writing credit/s.

Is there reason to think they won’t do a Japanese dub?

Netflix includes a Japanese dubs in almost all their licensed shows. This won't be different.
ssjtennis1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:12 am Reply with quote
Hmmm, do I listen to a somewhat lackluster lakeith stanfield, or just go with a probably better overall Japanese dub? Decisions, decisions Confused
donhumberto

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:18 am Reply with quote
Looks awesome. I just hope we get more episodes down the line because 6 is way too short... but the rest looks great. Can't wait!
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:37 am Reply with quote
As the saying goes, it’s one thing to be a samurai, but it’s a different thing entirely to be a black samurai. Cool
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:38 am Reply with quote
I want to look forward to this, but LeSean Thomas, the anime equivalent of Reginald Hudlin makes this a hard pass. Actually, Huldlin never scammed a Kickstarter.

Shame.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:49 am Reply with quote
I wonder how many people also boycott all the shows made by Wit and 4C who overwork and underpay their animators or is it just the shows by this one black guy who fumbled a Kickstarter?
El Hermano

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I wonder how many people also boycott all the shows made by Wit and 4C who overwork and underpay their animators or is it just the shows by this one black guy who fumbled a Kickstarter?

I don't think those two scenarios are really comparable. One directly affects the individual, especially if they were a backer. I, regretfully, backed Mighty Number 9 and definitely felt remorse after the fact. If it was just another bad company releasing a bad game then it wouldn't really bother me.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:21 pm Reply with quote
I know nothing about the Cannon Busters thing, but looking it up quickly, Wikipedia makes it sound as if some rewards weren’t provided and rather than explaining anything they just stopped replying to backers years ago? If so (?) I guess to the backers missing out it’d feel like being personally defrauded until such time as they at least make a statement like “sorry, we ran out of money”.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:44 am Reply with quote
The trailer looked good enough and the show should be worth it for the score alone.
@flyinglotus also just tweeted out #RestoreTheSnyderVerse and suggested that Yasuke is is secretly the Martian Manhunter so I am doubly on board. Lol. Netflix sure knows how to market stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1