• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vivy -Fluorite Eye's Song- Original Anime Reveals Promo Video, Cast, Story, Visual, April 3 Pr

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay_Stone

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:51 am Reply with quote
Reminds me of Guilty Crown, which I really enjoyed. This looks very interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:58 am Reply with quote
Should've just set her directives to asimov and ordered her to make everyone happy through song then they wouldn't have to deal with rogue AI's in the first place.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:13 am Reply with quote
Whoa, now that's one heck of a sci-fi premise! This has potential of being one heck of a thrill ride and have a jammin' soundtrack.
DatRandomDude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:24 am Reply with quote
Its Kairi Yagi who's performing the opening song (and most likely the rest of the songs in the anime) as Vivy not Tanezaki.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:15 pm Reply with quote
DatRandomDude wrote:
Its Kairi Yagi who's performing the opening song (and most likely the rest of the songs in the anime) as Vivy not Tanezaki.

I was kind of wondering about that. I'm not sure if Tanezaki can sing, but it would've been neat to see her sing as her character (although the actual vocals sound amazing).
zero-r

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:45 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Whoa, now that's one heck of a sci-fi premise!

This hardly sounds like "one heck of a sci-fi premise".... Recently, an anime called Listeners did something similar and the end result was.... lackluster to say the least.

Anyhow, the PV looks alright in terms of production values... Story-wise, who knows...
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:49 am Reply with quote
DatRandomDude wrote:

Thanks very much for pointing that out, we corrected the article.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:00 am Reply with quote
zero-r wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
Whoa, now that's one heck of a sci-fi premise!

This hardly sounds like "one heck of a sci-fi premise".... Recently, an anime called Listeners did something similar and the end result was.... lackluster to say the least.

I don't really see much connection between the two. Other than being sci-fi and generally music-themed there's not really any similarities. This PV doesn't show any mechs or supernatural monsters, and the music on display is a far cry from western classic rock that Listeners was all about.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1