• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Edens Zero Anime's Video Reveals More Cast, T.M.Revolution Song, Netflix 2021 Streaming

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albion Hero

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Another show in Netflix purgatory that I wanted to watch this season. Thanks, Netflix.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Sucks that Funimation couldn't get this one, but I'd would rather have it licensed by Netflix than to not have been licensed at all.
Albion Hero

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:51 pm Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
Sucks that Funimation couldn't get this one, but I'd would rather have it licensed by Netflix than to not have been licensed at all.

Its not Netflix or nothing, this is Netflix outbidding Funi/Crunchy. This is a major new anime, it wouldn't go unlicensed.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Uhh, guess Netflix made a better bidding this time.

Can't wait for people to demand to bring in notable Texas VAs to voice some of the characters with loose resemblance or connection with Fairy Tail ones. Rolling Eyes
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Ack, crap... was really, REALLY hoping Funimation would've snagged this, because I don't have Netflix and I really don't want to get one just for this. Although I just might, since this is one anime adaptation I'm really excited for. Still... crap. x.x
Hikifroggy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:02 pm Reply with quote
im fine with this BUT i really.. really hope Netflix don't snag Evangelion 3.0+1.0 i really want the old cast to back for this.. nothing against the Netflix cast there great but finishing Rebuild with old cast feels right...
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
Uhh, guess Netflix made a better bidding this time.

Can't wait for people to demand to bring in notable Texas VAs to voice some of the characters with loose resemblance or connection with Fairy Tail ones. Rolling Eyes

I mean if they could get Sentai Filmworks VAs to be their CGI Saint Seiya show and their dub of the original, I guess anythings possible. Even they end up going with the usual LA-based VAs, some of already voiced Fairy Tail characters like Cherami Leigh(voice of Lucy), Todd Haderkorn(voice of Natsu), and Patrick Seitz(voice of Laxus).
LucyFan998

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:11 pm Reply with quote
I dreamt that the anime was going to be licensed on Netflix, but now here it is.

Now if only Netflix could cooperate with Funimation for the voice actors..
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Huh, I really thought Funimation was going to get this...well, it and Shaman King, but I guess Netflix is building up their action-Shonen repertoire.

My only real concern is that whoever ends up dubbing it won't bother to even contact Tia Ballard or Colleen Clinkenbeard to maintain the Fairy Tail casting in-joke, which kind of defeats the point of the characters to begin with.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:42 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Huh, I really thought Funimation was going to get this...well, it and Shaman King, but I guess Netflix is building up their action-Shonen repertoire.

My only real concern is that whoever ends up dubbing it won't bother to even contact Tia Ballard or Colleen Clinkenbeard to maintain the Fairy Tail casting in-joke, which kind of defeats the point of the characters to begin with.

They're still different characters in their own right, so getting the same actors as everything else is a bit counter-productive.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
They're still different characters in their own right, so getting the same actors as everything else is a bit counter-productive.

Yeah, but they deliberately look and sound like the originals. It's like an in-joke.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:25 am Reply with quote
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
MFrontier wrote:

Rie Kugimiya and Sayaka Ohara are already voicing their deliberate lookalikes.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:26 am Reply with quote
I thought it gonna end up on Crunchyroll but Netflix jail strikes AGAIN. First Shaman King, then Eden's Zero. What's next, Chainsaw Man on Netflix? I feel that CR may get few animes than last year due to Funimation and Netflix. Sad.
Matros

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:44 am Reply with quote
Since everyone's arguing about the streaming rights I guess I'm gonna be first one to comment about the trailer. Looks visually much better than expected, not just animation wise but from a compositing standpoint.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:46 am Reply with quote
immblueversion wrote:
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
MFrontier wrote:

Rie Kugimiya and Sayaka Ohara are already voicing their deliberate lookalikes.

Japan is Japan, it's their own stuff. The US does their own thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3