• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Demon Slayer: The Hinokami Chronicles Game Heads West on October 15

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aerodynamic41

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Ok, I know they're probably limited by characters who have seen action in the anime so far but the roster looks really small at just a dozen characters. Why can't we play as the demons? It's such a huge missed opportunity.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Aerodynamic41 wrote:
Ok, I know they're probably limited by characters who have seen action in the anime so far but the roster looks really small at just a dozen characters. Why can't we play as the demons? It's such a huge missed opportunity.

I predict those will be potential DLC in the future. I'm more baffled why this is not on the Switch where it can find much better success especially in Japan.
PonSquared

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:58 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Aerodynamic41 wrote:

I predict those will be potential DLC in the future. I'm more baffled why this is not on the Switch where it can find much better success especially in Japan.

You act like the 10 million PS4 plus PS5 that have sold in Japan are a crushing failure. It's not coming out for the switch because like most things the switch isn't powerful enough to run it unless they downgrade the heck out of it.
48 Rices

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Aerodynamic41 wrote:

Probably because the team don't think we wanted to play as the lower moon demons, and the only one upper moon demon that has fought in the series is Akaza, who recently appeared in the movie.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:05 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

CC2 probably skipped the Switch due to hardware limitations, and as another user said there are plenty of PS4 users in Japan, although, while I don't to say that there's a conspiaracy, it seems that CC2 doesn't like to publish their games on Nintendo platforms.
Now, it's going to be interesting if this game can be as successful as other Demon Slayer related media, the manga, movie and home video release have broken tons of records, but the video game landscape in Japan has been dominated by Nintendo in the last 3 years, and I don't think a Demon Slayer game is going to become the PS5 killer app.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Silver Kirin wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

CC2 probably skipped the Switch due to hardware limitations, and as another user said there are plenty of PS4 users in Japan, although, while I don't to say that there's a conspiaracy, it seems that CC2 doesn't like to publish their games on Nintendo platforms.
Now, it's going to be interesting if this game can be as successful as other Demon Slayer related media, the manga, movie and home video release have broken tons of records, but the video game landscape in Japan has been dominated by Nintendo in the last 3 years, and I don't think a Demon Slayer game is going to become the PS5 killer app.

I think they're definitely planning on this being an ongoing franchise like the Ultimate Ninja Storm series to adapt the entire series alongside (presumably) the anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1