• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Summer 2021 Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Dop.L wrote:
All ANN reviewers breathing a sigh of relief that none of them drew the short straw and had to cover Goddess Dormitory!

I doubted it would make the cut. Simply due to how boring and uninspired it is. I figured it's complete paint by numbers plot and characters would be what stopped it as opposed to the content itself.

I'm just glad aquatope made the cut. The few others I am interested in I expected to make it, and they did. I was wondering if aquatope would get enough votes to make the cut itself. I'm pleasantly surprised that it did.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:42 pm Reply with quote
^You should not doubt the ability of the ANN fandom to come together under the right circumstances and get a sh*t show reviewed like Ex-Arm (it wasn't the first time). This time around, there wasn't consensus, one person voted Goddess Dorm, another voted Isakai Drugstore and likely many weren't that interested to read a review of these even if they were to make it (no entertainment value in roasting a dry turd). Possibly some took pity, I purposely didn't vote for obvious crap this time for that reason. Just surprised NightHead wasn't voted enough to make it and a little bummed that Mr Eisenbeis isn't doing Battle Game in 5 but I guess you can't get everything...
SHD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:40 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
SHD wrote:
Boo, no Night Head 2041. Not that I expected, but still, even less exposure...

Yeah, as I said in the PG, I was hoping for weeklies, since I'm pretty sure I'm gonna need some hand-holding to help my stupid head understand what's going on. Very Happy

Maybe I'll see you in the Series Discussion section, and you can be my guide? (nudge nudge)

Haha, well, I'm only happy if my silly ramblings help anyone! Very Happy I'm also flying blind, though, despite being a fan of the drama - 2041 is mostly doing its own thing, although with a number of references/riffs/beats taken from the original. (Well, and also I'm reading the comicalization of 2041, which is a bit ahead at this point.)
Saeryen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:12 am Reply with quote
Pretty Cure seriously needs more love. Tropical-Rouge! has been the most joyful show of the year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zzshcl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:31 am Reply with quote
oh, how sad the Duke and his maid is not here, I wanted to read their opinions on the show and the CG
kinghumanity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I’m genuinely shocked that the Duke and the Maid didn’t cut it. It normally would be right up the alley. Was it the CG that turned people off? Even though it was the same CG from High Score Girl?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3