• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Minori Suzuki Performs 'I'm Quitting Heroing' Anime's Opening Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TAnthonyAuld

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:36 pm Reply with quote
I had to sit here for about a minute because I though it said Minoru Suzuki and boy was I excited to hear this theme! LOL
Eivion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:35 pm Reply with quote
TAnthonyAuld wrote:
I had to sit here for about a minute because I though it said Minoru Suzuki and boy was I excited to hear this theme! LOL

I'm so happy to no be alone in making that mistake. I was so confused and excited for a good 30-60 seconds.
zab_san

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:05 am Reply with quote
TAnthonyAuld wrote:

Same! I read, re-read, and RE-READ that headline and thought I was going crazy! Anime catgrin + sweatdrop Anime catgrin + sweatdrop Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:02 am Reply with quote
Good, I’m not the only one who saw Minoru Suzuki. That would have been something…presumably something that ended with somebody being dropped on their head.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:58 am Reply with quote
Unlike the rest of the posters here, I thought that the article's title said that Minori Suzuki is quitting.
TAnthonyAuld

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
Unlike the rest of the posters here, I thought that the article's title said that Minori Suzuki is quitting.

That's one sentence I would have a hard time believing, even if he did! LOL
Beltane70

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:04 pm Reply with quote
TAnthonyAuld wrote:
Beltane70 wrote:

That's one sentence I would have a hard time believing, even if he did! LOL

That's just the thing, I didn't get the name mixed up, I thought that the word "quitting" in the song title was talking the singer. So, I was like, "is she doing the same thing that Megumi Nakajima did several years ago when she put her career on hiatus?". Both Megumi Nakajima and Minori Suzuki made their singing/voice acting debuts in a Macross TV series, so I thought it would have been really weird if their careers went similar ways!

I didn't even know who Minoru Suzuki was until right before I started writing this reply!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1