• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kaguya-sama: Love is War Series Gets Anime Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowAssailantX

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:20 pm Reply with quote
kgw wrote:
I like the idea that "franchise" movies finally mean anything, no summer adventures where nothing really matters. Unpopular opinion, maybe?

It shouldn't be unpopular, cause you're absolute right. Why do these fans want the massive budget that films usually get to go wasted on whats essentially inconsequential filler at best? They what all that effort to go towards a big budget production where nothing happens and the characters return to status quo by the end.

It makes way more sense to me to funnel that money and talent into actual story arcs that will take the plot and characters to new places that filler cant go. Of course not every story arc is suited for a film, either they may be too long or don't start and end in a place that makes for a good stand alone feature. But we should embrace the arcs that do, and that we can finally see material we love in the high quality normally only reserved for fly by night filler fights
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2