• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Live-Action Web Show Reinterprets Thomas the Tank Engine as a Japanese Salaryman

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Oh Japan, this country never cease to amaze me with their antics. Laughing Razz But seriously, I don't understand why they're doing this for, who's the target audiences for these shorts? I mean little kids (the demographic that watch Thomas the Tank engine) won't understand this, & adults don't make up a significant fanbase to warrant this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
one3rd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
I'd say it's weird to hear Thomas speaking with a Japanese woman's voice but, then again, it's weird for me to hear Thomas speaking at all since Ringo Starr just provided the characters lines within the narration. (I'm talking about the original British TV shorts that aired as-is on Canadian television in the mid-1980s before they were even incorporated into Shining Time Station. I don't think Shining Time Station even premiered on PBS until I was already in my teenage years.)

Today, I learned that both Ringo Starr and George Carlin were in a PBS show that I watched as a child.
mrmoviemanic1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:13 am Reply with quote
This is pretty genius.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2