• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball: The Breakers Game's Season 3 Trailer Reveals Ginyu Force

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 11:51 am Reply with quote
I honestly had zero clue this game even had a second season already.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 2:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious how that works. I don't think you'll play as them all collectively so I guess you move through each member as you progress until you play Ginyu?
Kicksville

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 12:25 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
I'm curious how that works. I don't think you'll play as them all collectively so I guess you move through each member as you progress until you play Ginyu?

This was demonstrated in a live stream they had to go along with it, but it's similar to how Saibaman/Nappa/Vegeta works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXQ1Drs4t-8

You start as Guldo, and if you hit the next level, go to Recoome with an assist from Guldo. If he gets killed, Recoome doesn't get the Guldo assist.

If you evolve as Recoome, Jeice & Burter appear (you primarily appear as Jeice and Burter powers up moves). Recoome will also appear for some moves and make them stronger. If Recoome died, no extra power.

And of course when you reach Ginyu, you either succeed and have Jeice & Burther powering up moves, or don't. There's one super Ginyu has which results in basically three moves activating at once if they survived, which looks pretty nasty. On top of that, Ginyu of course has Body Change, which it seems turns into whoever that Survivor has assigned as their Dragon Change spirit.
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 9:33 pm Reply with quote
^Thank you for such a detailed answer!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1