• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Otakon Offers Madoka Magica Poster for Quake Charity

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:38 pm Reply with quote
I wish I could go to Otakon to buy a poster and hear the announcements regarding Madoka. Oh well good thing for fans.
JuicyB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Yeah... hopefully someone will make this or other merch available to Western fans. I wouldn't mind picking up a few Madoka wall scrolls. Until then I guess I will have to be content with the posters in Megami magazine.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:48 pm Reply with quote
I don't want to belittle what they're doing, but I would LOVE it if they could somehow make the poster available online.
Juhachi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Would have been great if they did this at AX. Crying or Very sad
FaytLein

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Well, I know what my first purchase will be at Otakon!
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:44 pm Reply with quote
JuicyB wrote:
Yeah... hopefully someone will make this or other merch available to Western fans.

Um, last I checked Otakon was in the West. Wink

I really need to remember to bring a poster tube with me this year. Every time I go I end up with posters that look good when I get them, but by the time they get home they're all bent and creased. I'll be seeking this one out for sure.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dizzon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:00 pm Reply with quote
If the pic in the article is what the poster looks like it's missing my favorite character. Crying or Very sad

I'd still buy it though. Wink
JuicyB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
JuicyB wrote:
Yeah... hopefully someone will make this or other merch available to Western fans.

Um, last I checked Otakon was in the West. Wink

lol, ya got me pilgrim. Of course what I really meant to say was, available to everyone in the West, not just the folks who can make it to Otakon. Cool
Animerican14

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:31 pm Reply with quote
The poster design is... mildly dissapointing. All it really is is the official Ume Aoki character designs (easily findable) set to different layers. Still, it's definitely nice to have (most) all the main cast in one shot on another piece of official merchandise, and in a piece for a quake charity fund, no less.

Edit: Gah, I forgot-- this is being designed for an America con. So it really is more forgivable then, I guess, that the art here really isn't anything Very Original, since Madoka posters have yet to be sold/made easily available in the U.S. market. Being the self-conscious type that I am, this would be a wonderful little gift for my sister, were I to go! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Echo_City

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:29 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I really need to remember to bring a poster tube with me this year. Every time I go I end up with posters that look good when I get them, but by the time they get home they're all bent and creased. I'll be seeking this one out for sure.
That's a brilliant idea. I've had the same problem. Especially with the generous posters Funimation historically hands out for free. With my luck I'd roll the poster too tightly, too fast, and end up creasing the thing just the same in an attempt to get too many posters into too few tubes.

Otakon makes it plain that the supplies of the poster will be limited. I really hope that they have thousands of these things or I predict riots Wink I have a dull green print of Abe Lincoln just begging to be converted into a glossy print of several moe girls.

Is it too much to wish that Otakon would simply say that it is charging a fee, a fee which is then donated to charity, instead of claiming that there is a "required donation", which is an oxymoron? Altruism forced isn't altruism, and giving money for a service (autograph from the FF composer) or good (this poster) isn't a donation. Call it what it is.
(/rant)

EDIT: Are the dimensions of the poster specified anywhere?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1