• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: ComiPo! Manga Creation Software to be Released in English

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Altorrin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:03 pm Reply with quote
I once read a manhwa called Girl in Heels with 3D modeled characters. It burned my eyes and I needed to apply eyes immediately. It was the worst thing I ever saw and I couldn't even notice the story because the art was so bad. I feel like the results will be the same with this (but slightly less bad).

Premade 3D models can't capture emotions the way a drawing can. Maybe 3D models you made yourself (as evidenced by animated movies lately) but not some premade free model that you can (apparently) only make limited edits too. Why not just learn how to draw (admittedly time-consuming, but well worth it!), or learn 3D modeling (even more time-consuming, probably), or hire an artist (with your imaginary money)? Okay...I get it, learning how to make art isn't exactly convenient...but art has a major impact on whether or not someone can enjoy a manga, for obvious reasons. If you're willing to give up decent art, you don't realize its importance in this medium and you probably shouldn't be using comics as a medium for storytelling. Maybe try novels or something?

(Then again, this is coming from the Vocaloid fangirl. Irony much...?)

Although, I do see some practical application. One could use the models as a reference to draw from. Maybe.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2