• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shinmaru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:53 am Reply with quote
Why not?

Name: Michael

Sex: Male

Blood Type: B+

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Half-Mexican, with a bunch of random European stuff on the side.

Religion: Agnostic, leaning toward atheism. Haven't been to church in about 16 years.

Pets: None.

Drink/Smoke: Did a bit of drinking in college and hated it. I have never smoked and don't plan to any time soon.

Likes: Being a big ol' geek, writing, joking around like a doofus and trivia.

Dislikes: Pointlessly edgy jokes, heights and the pretentious.

Favorite anime: RahXephon, Cowboy Bebop, Monster, Ouran High School Host Club and Gurren Lagann. Revolutionary Girl Utena could find its way onto this list eventually.

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Fruits Basket and Death Note are the only ones I've finished.

Favorite Books: Catch-22, Slaughterhouse-Five, anything by Haruki Murakami, A Scanner Darkly, Hyperion, Invisible Man (by Ralph Ellison, not The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells, which I haven't read)

Favorite game: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Favorite TV shows: Futurama, Lost, Dexter, Curb Your Enthusiasm, How I Met Your Mother and Robot Chicken

Favorite Movies: Dr. Strangelove, The Empire Strikes Back, Psycho, Duck Soup, Dog Day Afternoon, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Grave of the Fireflies, The Hustler, Mulholland Dr., The Thing

Favorite Drink: n/a

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Milk

Favorite Foods: I love fettucini alfredo more than should be allowed.

Favorite Sites: theOtaku andOtakuBoards

Favorite Sport (to watch): Basketball by far, although the Rafael Nadal/Roger Federer Wimbledon match was the best sporting I've ever seen.

Favorite Sport (to play): Tennis, basketball and touch football.

Favorite Music: I like a bit of everything, but I have an unhealthy love for shoegaze (think The Jesus and Mary Chain, Cocteau Twins, My Bloody Valentine, etc.).

Job: Copy editing intern at a newspaper

Hobbies: Geeking out, writing random things and reading

Fun facts about me:
Arrow I interviewed an Olympic gold medalist (Billy Mills)
Arrow I won $50 writing an essay about The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
Arrow I successfully worked my geeky obsessions into all my major courses in college
Arrow I still have a Furby
Arrow I am undefeated at Stratego
Arrow I love film noir
Arrow I saw the original Star Wars trilogy in theaters without spoilers
Arrow I like Life of Brian more than Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Arrow I still communicate via snail mail
Arrow I don't have a driver's license

Favorite Quotes: Anything George C. Scott says in Dr. Strangelove

Pictures: Me at my college graduation with my best friend, Vincent. I'm on the left.[/b]
Lingobird

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Name: Trena [pronounced Treeeeena. I know, I should change the spelling of my name to that right?]
Sex: Girl. Errr, I guess I should say woman now. sigh.
Blood Type: No clue. >__>
Location: Kirkland, Washington. [But I'm moving to Portland, Oregon very soon!]
Marital Status: In the midst of a looooong term relationship.
Ethnicity: Caucasian + Puerto Rican
Religion: I dunno yet really.. D:
Pets: I have one gorgeous cat and she's completely black and she has sexy green eyes and a black nose! ^^ Her name is Blackie, but I usually end up calling her "baby girl" "my girl" or "keee!" in my alternate voice that I use when speaking to animals and babies.
Drink/Smoke: I used to smoke cigarettes when I was 18, for about a year. And then one day I just abruptly quit without any problems. Sure saved a lot of money. Smile I don't drink, never really liked the stuff.
Likes: complaining about the world, big breakfasts including bacon and eggs, quirky people, and this face: >__o
Dislikes: heights, hot weather, waking up at 6am, going to work or anyplace I don't wanna
Favorite Anime: Ok, I'm just getting back into anime here and I had only seen a small handful beforehand. I just finished Honey & Clover both seasons and I looooved it. Very Happy Very Happy So we'll just say H&C for now, but I'm watching Death Note and Mushishi right now so my favorite may change. Anime smile
Favorite manga: H&C was a really fun read it really made me laugh. Then it made me watch the show. Smile
Favorite Books: All of the Harry Potter books. Those have to be my favorite. I've read a lot of stuff thats good but its a long list.
Favorite Games: Legend of Zelda, Silent Hill, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Portal, Mortal Kombat, The Sims, Guitar Hero 2, GTA, KoToR, Katamari Damacy, etc. ^^ I played Star Wars Galaxies for 2 years and World of Warcraft for 3+ years.
Favorite TV: I really love this show called Locked up Abroad right now, its on national geographic channel. Also Dirty Jobs, Man vs. Wild, Deadliest Catch, etc.
Favorite Old TV: Ghostbusters cartoon.. Garfield & Friends cartoon, Smurfs, Beetlejuice cartoon, Alvin & the Chipmunks, Duck Tales, Heathcliff, etc. Anime smallmouth
Favorite Movies: Silent Hill !!!^^ LOTR, Napoleon Dynamite, The Shining, Brokedown Palace, Nightmare Before Christmas, Beetlejuice, 28 Days Later, Sunshine, etc.
Non-Alcoholic Drink: Pepsi with ice and a straw, in my icy mug.
Favorite Food: French fries & tartar sauce.
Favorite Sites: This one. >__o Facebook, Ultimate Guitar Forums, Gutterzombie, Discovery channel's website, etc.......
Favorite Music: Nobuo Uematsu game music, various movie/anime soundtracks, alternative rock, 70s-80s music, etc.
Job: I'm a records keeper in a billing office.
Fun Facts About Me:
Arrow Gave myself a buzzcut when I was 15.
Arrow Is learning acoustic guitar.
Arrow Doesn't know how to swim.
Arrow Loves volcanoes and wants to visit an active one.
Arrow Silent Hill 2 made me cry in fear.
Favorite Quote: "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce."
Picture:
klmnumbers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Name: Kelly

Sex: female

Blood Type: AB positive!

Ethnicity: Polish, German, English, and Irish

Religion: generally spiritual =)

Pets: 3 cats. None of which are mine. Two live with me here, and one lives with my sister in Maryland. but I consider him my pet,

Drink/Smoke: I drink sometimes but rarely. I smoke sheesha with friends once in a while

Likes: Music (got a degree in it!), foreign languages, film, literature, most supernatural televisions shows even if they're terrible.

Dislikes: fan service in anime =P

Favorite anime: Darker than Black, Ghost Hunt, Trigun, Black Lagoon, Shingetsutan Tsukihime

Favorite Manga (Light novels): I don't read much manga, but I hope to change that.

Favorite Books: The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Everything is Illuminated, Bel Canto, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

Favorite game: Suikoden series, FFVIII (I know), World of Warcraft

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Buffy, Moonlight, Pushing Daisies, Six Feet Under, Dexter, Gossip Girl, Veronica Mars AND American Psycho, Mononoke-Hime, Hedwig & the Angry Inch

Favorite Drink: french martini

Non-Alcoholic Drink: diet coke

Favorite Foods: spaghetti!

Favorite Sites: livejournal junkie (ONTD), ANN, imdb, myanimelist.net, gaiaonline (lol not much anymore)

Favorite Sport (to watch): Swimming, football, tennis

Favorite Sport (to play): I'm lazy.

Favorite Music: everything. At the moment, I'm *very* into Baroque pop like Vampire Weekend or playful music like Tally Hall. I'm also a big fan of MGMT, Nellie McKay, Paolo Nutini, Sondre Lerche, Regina Spektor, and of Montreal.

I got a degree in classical voice, so I listen to a lot of Lied/art song as well; I particularly love Schubert, Schumann, Brahms, Debussy, Delius, and R. Strauss. I'm also a musical theatre nut and prefer Adam Guettel and Stephen Sondheim

Job: I just moved home to take a year off before going to law school in the fall. So, no job just yet, but looking!

Hobbies: studying foreign languages, researching film/music, finding new tv shows/anime to watch

Favorite Quotes:
from Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close:
“Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I’m not living.”

When I got off the plane, after eleven hours of travel and forty years away, the man took my passport and asked me the purpose of my visit, I wrote in my daybook, “To mourn”, and then, “To mourn try to live,” he gave me a look and asked if I would consider that business or pleasure, I wrote, “Neither.” “For how long do you plan to mourn and try to live?” I wrote, “For the rest of my life.”

from The Unbearable Lightness of Being:
"We can never know what to want, because, living only one life, we can neither compare it with our previous lives nor perfect it in our lives to come."

"Tomas did not realize at the time that metaphors are dangerous. Metaphors are not to be trifled with. A single metaphor can give birth to love."

from Everything is Illuminated:
This is love, isn't it? When you notice someone's absence and hate that absence more than anything? More, even, than you love his presence?
MissTwister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:09 am Reply with quote
Name: Sarah
Sex: Female
Blood Type: A positive. I think.
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Religion: Christian
Pets: Three cats, named Khan, Lenny, and Mulligan. (I didn't name them.) I also have a rabbit named Domino and a hamster named Cosmo.
Drink/Smoke: Neither
Likes: Music, thunderstorms, maths, daydreaming, chocolate, drinking tea, videogames
Dislikes: waking up any earlier than 6:30 AM, hot weather, ignorant people, mosquitoes, the color yellow
Favorite Anime: I only started getting interested in anime recently. I'd have to say Death Note is my favorite so far.
Favorite manga: Well, I've only finished Death Note... (I haven't had a lot of free time lately, what with school looming around the corner.)
Favorite Books: I read a lot, but so far, To Kill a Mockingbird has been my favorite.
Favorite Games: TWEWY (The World Ends With You) is my favorite, Ace Attorney (all of them), Elite Beat Agents
Favorite TV Shows: Criminal Minds. I also love Mythbusters. (And I watch reruns of Whose Line is it Anyway? whenever I get the chance.)
Favorite Movie: I haven't watched any movies in a few years, but I love The Princess Bride.
Non-Alcoholic Drink: Iced Tea
Favorite Food: Chocolate
Favorite Sites: Court-Records (It's an Ace Attorney fansite), Minamimotoism Rocks (A site a few TWEWY fans, myself included, started. It's devoted to a certain zetta crazy mathematician. Insane fans? Who, us? Wink )
Favorite Music: Jazz and classical. Other than that, I listen to a lot of random stuff.
Job: High school junior.
Fun Facts About Me:
Arrow My username came from the song "Twister", which is from TWEWY. The lyrics say "Mr. Twister", but I didn't want to deal with gender confusion. (It may be a stupid name, but it's better than the name I normally go by.)
Arrow I play clarinet and alto sax.
Arrow I'm trying to learn to sew, so I can make plushies, but I'm scared of using the sewing machine. (Why? I have no idea.)
Arrow I've gone for several days without saying a word to anyone.
Arrow I've never dated anyone. And I don't mind that one bit.
Arrow My test scores (in school) are very high, but I'm a complete idiot. I'm convinced they gave me the wrong PSAT scores.
Favorite Quote: "Any tree can drop an apple. I'll drop the freaking moon."
Pictures: I don't have any recent ones. That's probably because I usually, ahem, run after and tackle anyone who aims a camera in my general direction. Anime catgrin
AnimeDevilDog

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Name: Justin P. Emery

Sex: male

Blood Type: O- (universal doner)

Marital Status: engaged

Ethnicity: 1/4 Passimaquaddi (Native American), 1/4 French Canadian, 1/4 Dutch, 1/8 English, 1/8 Irish (I'm a mutt, my nose is cold even...)

Religion: We all worship the same Diety, just in different forms, enough said...

Pets: 2 cats, one huge black one named Smokie and a 7 month old terror named Trouble. (actually, I'm beginning to suspect that I'm actually their pet...)

Drink/Smoke: I drink like a fish (toasted right now as a matter of fact...) and smoke about a 1/2 pack of Camel Wides a day.

Likes: Anime, Manga, anything Neko, cars, motorcycles, Fire Fighting, USMC, fishing, hunting, guns, swords, singing, forums, ebay...

Dislikes: Ignorant drivers, ignorant people in general, people who do ignorant things, thieves, people who talk s***, parents who do not take responsibility to raise their own kids, kids + three episodes of Pokimon, managers with a god complex, bullies who pick on those weaker than them (I take great pleasure in bringing them down... Twisted Evil )...

Favorite anime: Excel Saga, Pani Poni Dash, Niea_7, Naruto (yes, I'm a narutard...), InuYasha, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Akira, Princess Mononoke, Escaflowne, Afro Samauri, Samauri Champloo, Eureka 7, FLCL, Space Battleship Yamato, The Venus Wars, Tank Police, Initial D, GTO

Favorite Manga: Excel Saga, Cowboy Bebop, Battle Angel Alita, Naruto, GTO, Initial D, Akira

Favorite Books: Any of the Jack Ryan series by Tom Clancy, The Mission Earth series by L. Ron Hubbard, Farmer In The Sky by Heinlein, the Incarnations of Immortality series by Piers Anthony, any and all Battletech novels, the 2001 series by Arthur C. Clarke, the Rama series by Arthur C. Clarke, Battlefield Earth by L. Ron Hubbard, Strangers by Dean R. Coontz, all the Stainless Steel Rat books by Harry Harrison, the Earth's Children series by Jean Auel...

Favorite games: Battlefield 2142 (simply the best one out there...)

Favorite TV shows: Star Trek (TOS), Most science shows on the Science Channel and discovery channel and TLC, Most anything on the History Channel, Friends, Jepordy

Favorite Movies: Convoy, ST2: The Wrath of Khan, St. Helens, Twister, I' Robot, I Am Legend, The Fast And The Furious, The Canonball Run, The Empire Strikes Back

Favorite Drink: Guinness Extra Stout, Starka vodka, Bacardi Private Reserve, Wild Vines Blackberry Merlot

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Moxie, coffee

Favorite Foods: Most anything Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, or Thai.

Favorite Sites: http://portconmaine.com/forum/index.php , ebay, http://www.battleon.com/default.asp , http://www.endgamearcade.com/index.php

Favorite Sport (to watch): baseball, football, basketball, hockey, nascar, boxing

Favorite Sport (to play): IPSC, baseball/softball, fishing, hunting

Favorite Music: easier to list what I do not like (kiddiebopper s*** like New Crabs on the Cock and Boys doing Men)

Job: between jobs currently

Hobbies: reading, surfing the net, rebuilding motorcycles, fishing, spending time with my granddaughter

Fun facts about ADD:
Spent 4 years in the Marine Corps (1991 - 1995)
Was on 2 fire departments (reciently had to leave for medical reasons)
Was head cook in a seafood resteraunt in Pensacola Florida for a year
On staff at an Anime convention in Portland Maine
Lived in Japan for a year
Has a son in the Navy
Has owned a total of 14 cars in the past (current car)
Does it get any more Otaku than this... my lisence plate
And the all time greatest thing about me... drumroll pleae...

Favorite Quotes:
Semper Fidelis (latin) -- always faithful (Marine Corps motto)
illagitami non corborundum est (latin) -- dont let the b***ards wear you down
s*** happens
don't sweat the small s***
it's all small s***

Pictures:
me and a chocolate moose
me relaxing out with my sister
me and my sister's family
me and my favorite hat
my granddaughter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pinkbunny1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Name: Sarah Anne Hackenberg

sex: female

blood type: O+

marital status: married, no kids

ethnicity: 50%english 50%italian

religion: I believe in a higher power, but do not practice a particular faith.

drink/smoke I drink in moderation, not a smoker

likes:learning new things, the beach, world cooking(ex: recipes in Saveur magazine), dry humor, anything super-cute.

dislikeswrinkled clothes, disorder, untrained animals, most children under 10, hobos wanting money, bad hair days.

Animes I really liked: Fullmetal Alchemist, The Vision of Escaflowne, Ouran High School Host Club, Last Exile, Gankutsuou, Monster.

manga: I haven't got into manga. If I read a manga, I know I'll want to watch the anime version. Since it is tough for any artform to go from the page to the screen, I don't want to be constantly disappointed.

books: Most of what I enjoy reading is pre-twentieth century literature. Publishing is so easy these days that quality in writing is tough to find. I do like the occasional memoir, though. It is fun to see things from another's perspective.

favorite games: Right now: Super Mario Galaxy, Beautiful Katamari, and MySims. I love kiddie games. In general, I like adventure and strategy games. I know there are some great rpgs out there, but I am never one to play them. I feel they take to much time, and I don't have the patience to level.

television: To name a few: the Office, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, Sealab 2021, Battlestar Galactica, Flight of the Conchords, I Love Lucy, Southpark.

movies: I love classic movies, musicals, independent, foreign movies. Usually don't like action movies, unless they're funny-corny.

favorite drink: I'm plain. A gin & tonic is good.

non-alcoholic: Horchata is awesome! Like a liquid sugar-cookie.

favorite foods: eggplant parmesan, tiramisu, cheesecake, king crab, steak=rare.

sites: anime news network(obviously), wikipedia, newgrounds, myspace.

sports: to play: I love racket sports(tennis, badminton, etc.). To watch: Ice-skating, gymnastics, tennis.

music: I like classical, techno, bluegrass, folk, soft rock, funny oldies. Dislikes: angry sounding rock.

job: I work part-time troubleshooting and repairing micro-electronic components in Nikon cameras.

hobbies: painting, jogging, decorating, cooking.

FUN FACTS!!!!!!!! ok... maybe not that fun.Rolling Eyes

-I was born in Des Moines, IA. A place forever in the 90's.
-I am the oldest of 8 siblings.
-I was in the US. Navy for 4 years. Not for patriotism, College$.
-I'm in college right now(biochemistry major). Yay! Finally:)

Favorite Quotes:

"The best answer to anger is silence"(German proverb)

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment"(Warhammer-Space Marines) Twisted Evil

Pictures

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x185/avelectrician/gardengodscute2.jpg?t=1219280204

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x185/avelectrician/21bdayzach.jpg?t=1219280276

Well, that's it. I read through many other user profiles here, and look forward to seeing you guys around the forum.
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Hey Pinkbunny, do you get to play with the Nikon gear as well? Or just troubleshooting?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
pinkbunny1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:04 am Reply with quote
A lot of recalibrating and replacing failed parts. For the most part, my job is booorrring. The nostalgia wore off in a few days. Really, I wish cameras would stop breaking. Also, people are stupid. I get so many products that are corroded like people must have tried to take them scuba diving. Well, either that or a really dumb fix. Oh, I learned to properly discharge capacitors:) If not=pain!! Crying or Very sad I do play around as much as I can get away with, but it isn't easygoing. If I were to work full-time in most electronics jobs it would be almost impossible to maintain a home. This field is like that. That's why I want to switch careers.

What about you? Do you enjoy your job?
Reynachan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:13 am Reply with quote
Name: It's Reyna.
Blood Type: O something I really don't remember.
Ethnicity: 100% Vietnamese
Religion: I'm not religious and don't ever plan to be...ever!
Dislikes: Annoying things.
Favorite anime: ARIA the Origination, Macross F. There's some more, but I don't remember.
Favorite Manga (Light novels): Beauty Pop, Skip Beat
Favorite game: Chrono Trigger, Phoenix Wright games for DS, Pokemon
Favorite Drink: Strawberry smoothie
Favorite Sport (to play): Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball, XCountry
Favorite Music: I listen to almost everything except country and rap. There's certain songs or bands that I like more than others, but I just listen to whatever I think sounds good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
venka21

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:09 am Reply with quote
Name: Jaana Humlie (real name)

Venka Le Fay (Name of the pen...er Keys)

Ursa (pet name used by friends)

Blood Type: AB positive (I think)

Marital Status: Single (not looking)

Ethnicity:Half scandanavian, Half from the United Kingdom.

Religion: Christian though I dabble in Wicca

Pets: two cats, Viola compleatly black except for some white patches here and there. Anzu looks almost like a persian or a rag doll but her coloring makes her look like a tortie.

Drink/Smoke: Doesn't do eather.

Likes:MSTing Dubbed anime, Voice acting, Writing, movies, Cooking

Favorite anime: To many to name

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Same as Anime

Favorite Books: Looking for Alaska, Cloud of Sparrows, The Northern Lights Trilogy, Anything by Terry Brooks, Twilight series.

Favorite game: Final fantasy series, Puzzle quest, Red Ninja, Bully, Xenosaga, Enzai, Dark Cloud, The Bards quest. FMA

Favorite Drink: Don't drink alcohol.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri's

Favorite Foods: Japanese styp

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Voice Actors Aliance

Favorite Sport (to watch):None

Favorite Sport (to play):None

Favorite Music:Ecclectic

Hobbies: MSTing Dubbed anime, Cooking, voice acting, transcripting my anime DVD's

A little extra information: I am currently writing a book called anime confessions: Anime fandom through the eyes and experiences of anime fans. If anyone wants to help out or get more information about this book please Private message me or talk to me over AIM.
btt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:15 am Reply with quote
Name: Brandon.
Sex: Male.
Ethnicity: Japanese.
Dislikes: I'm a realist so I would have to say fake mentalities really piss me off.
Favorite Anime: BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad, Death Note, Monster, Berserk, Eyeshield 21, Fighting Spirit, Fullmetal Alchemist, Great Teacher Onizuka, Welcome to the NHK, and Yakitate!! Japan.
Favorite Book: Seven Seconds or Less which is great read on the 2005-2006 Phoenix Suns.
Favorite games: Marvel vs Capcom 2 and SSBB (Wario main).
Favorite TV show: Weeds.
Favorite Movies: Inside Man, Hardball, Zodiac, Dark Knight, American Gangster, and can't forget about Miyazaki's films.
Favorite Food: Coco's curry hailing from Japan (I used to eat there every other week during my stay in Okinawa, Japan).
Favorite Sites: Myspace, ESPN, and ANN (waiting on that BECK season 2 announcement anyday now).
Favorite Sport (to watch): Basketball hands down. All about the Phoenix Suns (I was a fan before the Steve Nash Era...TAKE THAT BANDWAGON!).
Favorite Music: Anything that i can listen to over and over again.
Job: The GAP (the employee discount is outrageous).
Hobbies: Hanging out with friends, chess, pool, and rooting for my Phoenix Suns.
se37

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:45 am Reply with quote
Name: Paul or by Pin Name Shawn "Zann" Eastman

Blood Type: Unknown, I know I'm + but my blood could be O or A

Ethnicity:70% German, 10% English, 18% Sioux Native American, and 2% Europe Mix

Religion: Leaning towards Agnostic

Pets: Two Dogs and 4 Cats, my dad loves dogs and my mom loves cats.

Drink/Smoke: I Don't smoke and I drink maybe 5 bottles a year.

Likes: Internet, Anime, going to Anime Conventions and Video Games. I can also like some sports.

Dislikes: Emo's, Hot Topic wannabe punk goths,

Favorite anime: Haruhi Suzumiya, Clannad, Detective Conan and Lucky Star

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Haruhi Suzumiya Light Novels, Lucky Star, xxxHolic, Tsubasa, Negima, and Genshiken.

Favorite Books: James Bond Series

Favorite game: Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy X, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, The Legend of Zelda: Triforce of the Gods, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Bros 3, Harvest Moon: Back to Nature, Kingdom Hearts, Animal Crossing

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Mythbusters, House M.D. Last Comic Standing, M*A*S*H*, I Love Lucy

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Diet Dr. Pepper

Favorite Foods: Pizza Hut, Pocky, Sushi, Curry, Steam Rice, Beef Stroganoff and my grandmother's Roast Beef

Favorite Sites: Generation Otaku, Anime News Network, GoNintendo, and Kotaku

Favorite Sport (to watch):American Football, College Basketball

Favorite Sport (to play):Baseball and Volley Ball

Favorite Music: J-Pop, Alternitive Rock and Soundtracks

Job: Jack of All Trades for a Land Surveyor. Really, I don't have a official title at the company. Best I can think of is Office Manager or Assit. to the President

Hobbies: Collecting Anime DVD's, Watching Anime, Playing old and japanese video games.

Fun facts about se37:
Arrow Used to be really fat all during high school till last year, lost over 80 pounds and still losing more.
Arrow Still going to college at night except this semester due to a fight over money with the school
Arrow Has alot of Haruhi Suzumiya Items. More then any other series.
Arrow All but one of my friends from High School have moved away, died or just jerks now.
Arrow Still lives with parents due to problems at work (can't get promoted due to the housing market right now)
Arrow Has a little sister who is pretty much like Konata from Lucky Star.
Arrow Uses more girl avatars then boy avatars

Last edited by se37 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
edwardRB

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:47 pm Reply with quote
whoo just got back from the philippines decided to submit a photo of myself, my eyes are a little red because i got no sleep after returning
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:52 pm Reply with quote
se37 wrote:
Arrow Used to be really fat all during high school till last year, lost over 80 pounds and still losing more.

That is a seriously awesome accomplishment. I know first hand how hard it is to have the discipline you need to lose that much, but it's so worth it. I wish I had been smart like you and did it when I was in my early 20s instead of waiting until my late 30s, but better late than not at all I guess. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
Orkyjork90

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:12 pm Reply with quote
It's time for my super mega awesome epic intense introduction! Now that I've already given myself a negative first impression, allow me to redeem myself. I work best under pressure.

------------------

Name: Internet alias - Orkyjork90 || Nickname - Chris

Blood Type: B positive.

Ethnicity:About 90% irish, 10% every other Euro country.

Religion: Agnostic

Pets: One kitten named Kitty.

Drink/Smoke: Neither.

Likes: Giving my two cents on anime, the feeling you get about 15 minutes after an intense run, web design, and the occasional video game, those hats with the propeller on them.

Dislikes: Larry the cable guy, ignorant people, being punched?

Favorite anime: Full Metal Panic, Azumanga Daioh, Cromartie High School, Black Cat, Code Geass.

Favorite Manga (Light novels): I'm currently reading Mx0, which I'm finding very enjoyable. The Pokemon Special Adventures has been a very good read as well.

Favorite Books: Lord of the Rings and Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Favorite game: The World Ends with You, Duck Hunt, Wii Sports, and, even though it hasn't been released, Spore.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Family Guy, Futurama, The Simpsons, Seinfeld, Mythbusters, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Monty Python and the Flying Circus || Anything by Mel Brooks and Monty Python.

Favorite Drink: Nothing.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Bawls, Lipton Green Tea, and Mountain Dew (Why didn't Revolution win the Dewmocracy?!)

Favorite Foods: I find myself enjoying Mexican food mostly.

Favorite Sites: AnimeNewsNetwork (of course), Anime Recommendation, Nuklearpower - Home of 8-bit theater.

Favorite Sport (to watch):I've discovered Tennis to be enjoyable. Thank you Prince of Tennis.

Favorite Sport (to play): Does Cross Country count as a sport?

Favorite Music: I mostly listen to System of a Down. I only listen to around 50 songs.

Job: Unemployed, but aspiring Web Developer.

Hobbies: Watching anime, running, making web pages, learning programming languages, and playing the occasional video game.

Fun facts:
Arrow Is currently quite bored.
Arrow Alexander the Great died on my birthday.
Arrow Undefeated in Pokemon.
Arrow I'm the most modest person in the world.

Picture:

Last summer. I've gotten a haircut since then.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 60 of 233