• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ta-kun The Black Kitty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Let's redo and revamp this.

Name: Andrea Ariza Acevedo Rodríguez Valdivieso Reyes Serrano Grandas Esteban, a.k.a Saki, TestamentSaki or as of right now, Ta-kun the Black Kitty. No, it's not a joke. I actually know 8 of my surnames.

Blood Type: O+. Confirmed.

Sex: Female, though rather tomboyish.

Location: Bogotá, Colombia (to my dismay). Born in Barranquilla, Colombia, raised in El Cerrejón (La Guajira, where the coal mines are)

Nationality/Ethniticty: Colombian, born and raised in the northern coast, but her ancestors are from Santander (northeastern Colombia). People think I'm North American due to my accent when I speak in español and my dominant English Anime smile + sweatdrop.

Marital Status: Single. Not looking.

Profession: (Lousy) Music student [major in Ethnomusicology], forum/anime/football freak, cat raiser.

Religion: Atheist.

Drink/Smoke: Neither. Thankfully

Likes: Playing/writing/listening to music, football (it's not called soccer, Americans!), drawing, browsing the Net/learning about new cultures/meeting people, cats, martial arts (stopped practicing ages ago but still loves it), cooking (for lots of people), some videogames, READING (began at age 3), good sarcastic humor, photography, listening to people, RPing and good ole doin' nothing.

Dislikes: Lies, insects (ESPECIALLY butterflies), BLUSHING, homework (studying), dogs (afraid of them), fish (except for sushi), most fruits (except a good ole cantaloupe), cigarettes and most smokers, cheaters, crybabies, people who badmouth her country, traveling by car (motion sickness), volleyball, haughty people, perverts, being teased and some shoujo series (I'm Looking At You, Crybabies!).

Favorite anime: Captain Tsubasa, any Takahashi Yoichi work, FLCL, Moyashimon, FMA, any Watsuki Nobuhiro work, Bleach.

Favorite manga: Any Takahashi Yoichi work, FLCL, Buso Renkin, Martian Successor Nadesico, Bleach, Rurouni Kenshin, Moyashimon

Favorite game: Guilty Gear and Golden Sun. Also enjoyed the heck out of FIFA 2001 (best result: 32-0 in Intermediate against Paraguay with Japan) before the CD blew a gasket.

Favorite book/authors: Anything written by Stephen King (especially 'Salem's Lot and The Talisman, the His Dark Materials trilogy, any book written by J. Suzanne Frank, Chicken Soup for the Soul and about any book I can get my hands on.

Favorite food: Sushi, Colombian, Italian, Mexican, Chinese food, pizza (you guys gotta try it here Wink), cantaloupe melons, soups, meat (beef, pork), anything home-tasting, noodles, some vegetables (Broccoli is a fave). Hates chicken, fish (except in sushi), some seafood, fruit, offal, onions and pumpkins. Could never be vegetarian or vegan n_nU.

Favorite drink: Tea, water and an occasional Ginger Ale. Hates Coca-Cola and Pepsi with a passion.

Family: Mother, "stepdad," adopted younger brother in England and two cats, Taro and Misaki.

Favorite sport: Football (it's not soccer, Americans!). Is a Junior de Barranquilla fan. Also enjoys basketball and martial arts (practiced basketball in high school in spite of her height and practiced Taek Won Do at age 6-7)

Favorite Music: Due to her career, she listens to a little bit of everything, but is addicted to J-MUSIC, 90's Spanish Rock, ballads, metal (Especially DragonForce and Sonata Arctica) and must listen to Classical Music. Current favorite song (and artist): The Meaning Of Truth -HIRO-X. Hates reggaeton, vallenato, plastic pop (Britney Spears and such) and anything that doesn't have a message in it.

Favorite Quote:
-Life is like a chocolate bar. Once you begin to enjoy it, it's over -Me.
-A relationship comes, goes and nothing's the same after it. But true friendship is forever, no matter what happens.
-Kawaisou da yo ne... (pathetic). Dunno where I picked that from, but I'm always muttering it.
-かもすぞ! -Moyashimon

Fun (and true) facts:
-Is TestamentSaki, believe it or not.
-Learned English before Spanish in spite of being Colombian.
-Learned to play the guitar at age 12 and the viola at age 18. Plays 4 instruments, sings and writes her own songs.
-Was considered a 'devil-worshipper' at her school because she loved anime.
-Speaks English and Spanish, knows a little Italian and knows just a little bit of Japanese.
-Has been to the USA 5 times.
-Was left-handed, is now right-handed.
-Is the only woman in her group of friends that actually belongs to the group (meaning, she's not there because she's someone's girlfriend), but is treated as a guy at times.
-Learned Spanish in 8 years.
-Quickest typer among her friends.
-Absolutely hates blushing.
-Got her American Visa
-Ran out of ideas.

Picture: Let's leave it at this, please. I'm the one to the right.

Last edited by Ta-kun The Black Kitty on Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:07 am; edited 5 times in total
Rhian K

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:57 pm Reply with quote
bleachgirl12 wrote:
Quote:
Fun facts about Rhian K: I used to be a gymnast. I have can say I have a novel that I have written that is 90% completed. I wanted to be an opera singer.

Cool. Cool I've thought about writing a book, or w/e. but I either get discouraged or keep procrastinating.

Believe me, it wasn't an easy task! And i'm still not finished!
bleachgirl12

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:20 pm Reply with quote
well at least you're making progress. Rhian Smile
Mirsha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Hi thar. Why do I like anime? I ponder this often and this is mayhaps one of the better answers I can come up with may read along the lines off:

Anime and manga are complete fantasies, specifically anime is completely divorced from the reality of motion pictures. This is of note as I am a science fiction fan and the realities of modern tv shows just can't do justice to the wacky messed up world we can think up for ourselves via the means of modern physics. Drawing/Animating a black hole quantum implosion wave (tm) is a bit easier than coming up with a live action effect slapped onto a green screen and having your actors react appropriately.

It also helps that some anime shows aren't scared to provoke thought in the viewers by using science. For instance look at Noein or Bokurano. Both shows require the viewers to engage some brain matter in the interpretation of science and allow the viewer to come upon their own conclusion and thoughts in their own circles. What matters in these series are how the stories are told and their images are pushed upon the viewers for their own consumption.
Ikari1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:35 am Reply with quote
Heres my about me as i dont think that I have done one yet and if I have it was probably the pants.

Name: Dean Turner
Sex: Male
Marital Status: Single
Pets: 4 cats ( Ben, Gizmo, Lara, Poppy) I have more offensive names that I like to call them when they wake me up by sitting on my face in the morning or pissing on my favourite pair of shoes.
Occupation: Currently I’m a student studying Creative writing and FILM at University. When I’m not doing that, I’m working as a painter/decorator or in some other job to make money.
Favourite anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion, Full metal alchemist, Air, Welcome to the NHK, Ah! My Goddess, Full metal panic TSR/FUMOFUU, Azumanga Daioh, Ghost in the shell ( all of it), Gunslinger Girl, Black lagoon, Kanon, Sword of the stranger.
Favourite food: Chicken, Bacon, potato, leek, onion and carrot hotpot/casserole. Mash potato sandwich when I’m lazy.’ Lion’ and ‘WISPA’ chocolate. Ramen, Chinese, Indian.
Favourite drinks: My favourite beer is Kronenburg Blanc and my favourite normal drink would be Ribena.

Favorite sites: ANN, YouTube, Fanfiction.com, Airsoft Community Forums.
Favourite books: Patricia Cornwell’s books. Tolkien, Tales of redwall,The game, Ralph Feinnes living dangerously ect.
Smoke/Drink: I do drink but I don’t smoke unless I’m really drunk.

Likes: Winding up my house mates, Playing Airsoft, Rugby,Squash, Anime, Manga, Reading, Writing, Calligraphy, Playing call of duty 4 as a sniper, cooking, Running, sleeping, Films , Ski slopes, Sailing, Climbing and Hiking in Wales, going out and making a tit out of my self dancing.

Dislikes: Stubbing my toe on the hoover every bloody morning at the top of the stairs, injury, studying, bills, Flatmates coming home drunk and sleeping in the wrong bed, Flatmates sleepwalking into my room at 4 in the morning and turning my PC on for no reason , The Transformers movie, lumpy mattresses, Dishonesty and headaches.

About me. I have ADHD ( Attention decifit Hyperactivity Disorder), Once joined the army( It didn’t last long), Writes poems. . I’m a bloody Klutz, Wears glasses which are broken at the moment. I've been to America twice. Im a really bad insomniac and so am up at silly hours on these forums. I love rock festivals. I have a tattoo of a phoenix on my right shoulder as I love the symbolism behind them.

Favourite music: Rock and roll, metal, classcal, drum and bass, anime songs especially Azora from Air.

Here are some pictures of me Out and about and what have you. They are not great pictures of me but meh there you go.

[url][/url]

Last edited by Ikari1 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Heelal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Hello, I'm sorry I have only discovered this thread now...

Name: André Diegues
Sex: Masculine
Professional Occupation: Student

MAIN Occupation: Anime, Manga, Hanging out with friends, reading, forum reader and often writer, storyteller.
Nationality: Portuguese

And I guess that's about it. I'm looking forward to discuss anime and manga in the ANN.
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Oops. This is actually the first time I've looked at this thread. Another forum I hang out on has a rather low rate of retaining newbies past them signing up, so I usually skip welcome threads. Well, that and I like to jump into participating right away. Online that is of course. Offline I'm likely to be either unknown or known as the one who never speaks Embarassed

Anyways, welcome to all of you. Here are my stats:

Name: Kimiko (yes, it's my actual name)
Sex: Female
Orientation: Lesbian
Nationality/ethnicity: Dutch
Hobbies: Games (DS/GBA), anime (duh), reading (discontinued)
Pets: None
Drink/smoke: Neither
Food: -: cheese; +: Chinese food, pizza (homemade because I don't want cheese anywhere near it), sushi (such a hassle to make though Sad), tea (not the 'herbal' stuff; that's not tea)
Music: See my Last.fm profile
Anime: Click the MyAnime button below. I list and comment on all anime I watch.
Religion/spirituality: None really, but I favor pantheistic and compatible ones.
Blood type: O (I always forget if it's + or -)
MBTI type: INFP
Astro signs:Cancer with Virgo moon and Libra rising, Fire Dragon
jooneyo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:23 am Reply with quote
Hello everyone, here's a little intro about myself.

Name: Jooneyo
xusaphiss

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Name: Nigel Williams aka Niggle
Marital Status: Not married
Religion: Agnostic
Drink/Smoke: Not so much
Likes: Anime, internet, drawing, writing, music, going for walks, typical stuff.
Dislikes: People with no enthusiam for anything, over-analytical people
Favorite anime: Kanon, Fruits Basket, Kodocha, Tekkonkinkreet (OMG, soooo sad) Melancholy of Haruhi Sakumiya, Full Metal Alchemist, Death Note b4 you know what happened, Claymore, Heroic Age, Clannad.
Favorite game: Shadow Hearts series, Persona series, Elder Scroll series, the older FFs, Sonic, Soul Calibur series
Favorite Food: Pizza, chicken, fish, meatloaf, hamburgers, yeah mostly bad stuff Very Happy
Favorite drink: Meh...
dewlwieldthedarpachief

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:22 am Reply with quote
After much adieu I have decided to make my official debut into the ANN forums. My actual identity is unimportant, it's really what I symbolize that has true significance.

So far several individuals have postulated that my forum handle is gibberish or random or otherwise unfit to reproduce in quotes.

dewlwieldthedarpachief wrote:

Look first off my name isn't random letters. I've used hip new-age alternate spelling of the also innovative and revolutionizing term "dual-wielding" and combined it with a timeless character from Metal Gear Solid: the DARPA Chief. The rest explains itself, really.

As the person quoted I can verify the accuracy of this quotation.

That pretty much sums it up. I'm just an ordinary man with an inclination for dual-wielding/dewl-wielding a pivotal MGS character. Don't make it into something more than it is.

I'm also a shadow disciple of David Riley. I also may be Master Riley's only pupil, thus perhaps his greatest one.

I'll update this when I think of pertenant personal information that may be desirable. Until then, hi.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:52 am Reply with quote
Okay, Doweldipperspiff, I've been looking at your posts so far... and here's the thing: If you're going to be a pretentious arrogant condescending narcissist around here, you're facing stiff competition -- we've pretty much got a glut of that type of poster in these fora.

Also, if you're going to throw around fancy-schmancy words, make sure you use them correctly, or you'll just make an even bigger fool of yourself. Spelling them correctly works, too.

- abunai
Cornering the market on pretentious arrogant condescending narcissism since 1965.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dewlwieldthedarpachief

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:40 pm Reply with quote
abunai wrote:
Okay, Doweldipperspiff, I've been looking at your posts so far... and here's the thing: If you're going to be a pretentious arrogant condescending narcissist around here, you're facing stiff competition -- we've pretty much got a glut of that type of poster in these fora.

Also, if you're going to throw around fancy-schmancy words, make sure you use them correctly, or you'll just make an even bigger fool of yourself. Spelling them correctly works, too.

- abunai
Cornering the market on pretentious arrogant condescending narcissism since 1965.

I would like to take the opportunity to make the distinction between being pretentious, arrogant, and condescending and speaking in jest. I sometimes get wild ideas in my head about things I think are amusing, and sometimes I want to share that with people. I really seem to be rubbing some of you the wrong way...I thought it was pretty obvious I wasn't actually being serious. I'm interested in being around here because I think that you are interesting people, and I'd like to be a part of that. I don't want to prey on your sensitivities, even though some people have surmised otherwise.

I also acknowledge that I am capable of mistakes, and I'm more than willing to take criticism even at the cost of precious internet street cred. That said if I misspell a word, or if you think I shouldn't be using a word in a certain way, I'd really appreciate it if you'd PM me and explain yourself instead of just complaining that my communication is lacking, because you cannot expect me to improve otherwise.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Don't worry about abunai, he's actually pretty good-natured. If arrogance were a sense of humor, he'd be.. [fill in the blank with your favorite comedian]. Seriously, you get used to it after a while.
Metal Superman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:55 am Reply with quote
Name: Kyle

Nationality/Ethnicity: Caucasian

Marital Status: Single, but not for long Razz

Religion: Agnostic

Drink/Smoke: Yes/No

Likes: Exercising, Movies, Computers, Videogames, Swimming, Boxing, MMA, Football, Superman, Graphics Designing, and Writing

Dislikes: A-Holes

Favorite anime: Eureka Seven, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Fullmetal Alchemist, 5 Centimeters per Second, and True Tears

Favorite manga: Bakuman, Ichigo 100%, and Naruto

Favorite game: Golden Sun and Oblivion

Favorite book/authors: The Death and Life of Superman

Favorite Movie: Butterfly Effect, Never Back Down, I Am Legend, Airheads, Independence Day, and Transformers

Favorite TV Show: Smallville, Supernatural, Lois & Clark, Family Guy, and Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Favorite food: Chinese and Mexican food about sums it up

Favorite drink: Milk, Lemonade, and Iced Tea

Favorite sport: Football

Favorite Band: Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

Favorite Quote:
“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”

Fun (and true) facts:
I have the Superman emblem tattooed on my upper back, surrounded with red and blue tribal
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:46 am Reply with quote
Edit: ugh, was this out of date. I'll update it when I have the time. Curse you Tris8 for leading people to my horrible profile (I joke, I joke).

Last edited by dtm42 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:57 am; edited 5 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 65 of 233