• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Guilty Crown (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volibear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:30 pm Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
The end of this series is a disaster:

spoiler[Gai explains that he wanted to save Mana, and the only way to save her was to fulfil her role, because otherwise she would be forever reanimated again and again.

Yet Shu stopped Mana from fulfilling her insane role of killing all the humanity, he saved everyone, decrystallized them So Gui achieved nothing, and Mana will be always reborn by that strange boy who was the driver of evolution, and the tragedies will repeat themselves.

Also, how killing the humanity was supposed to be an evolutionary step, by the way? And how is that they call crystals with frozen memories of people "evolution", if it is not even leaving substance by any means?]

Makes no sense on so many levels that I could not possibly describe all of them. Authors were either too stupid or too lazy to come up with something that would not make thoughtful viewers feeling awkward.

Whilst i'm not defending this ending because it was pretty dreadful but as per your points i think the idea was that spoiler[Mana had to start to fulfill her role and then she could be killed, its not that she had to complete it, just start it and by starting it she became permanantly killable. ] i think that it was just poorly conveyed to the viewer

as for the spoiler[evolutionary step], its a stupid idea and no different from any other villian's stupid ideas and visions on how to rule the world, its not something to get angry about unless you get angry at every series or game you've ever watched/played
Svidrigailov

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Volibear wrote:
as for the spoiler[evolutionary step], its a stupid idea and no different from any other villian's stupid ideas and visions on how to rule the world, its not something to get angry about unless you get angry at every series or game you've ever watched/played

But what killed me is that Eureka 7 did the same thing just 7 years ago. spoiler[The idea of assimilating with some Utopian organism is identical, with a minor aesthetic shift: aside from a purple crystalline mass contra coral/mushroom-things, how is the carcinosis organism of GC any different than Eureka 7's 'Scub Coral'? The question is obviously rhetorical. That's their main gimmick and it's the antithesis of originality.]
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:10 pm Reply with quote
The entire show was a massive mess, so I was hoping for an asspull happy ending to top it off. Oh well, dropped, and waiting for season two.
JaffaOrange

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Well the ending didn't redeem the show (I can't think of a way that it could have; at least enough to encourage people to watch the first 21 episodes) but it didn't doom it any further in my opinion.

Another show to be forgotten in a few months.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 was a far more proper ending than episode 22. spoiler[Losing Inori, then kind of getting her back, then losing her again wasn't enough. He also had to get a prosthetic arm (expected) AND go blind.]
Volibear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:53 am Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:
Episode 12 was a far more proper ending than episode 22. spoiler[Losing Inori, then kind of getting her back, then losing her again wasn't enough. He also had to get a prosthetic arm (expected) AND go blind.]

tbh, the series really needed to just finish at ep. 12, it might not have been a very original series but at least it was well written up till that point and had a decent ending, from that point it just went downhill in every way except production values
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:25 pm Reply with quote
I actually get angry nearly at all series, I am very strict. Sad
MusingVash

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:12 pm Reply with quote
fml, I was really in love with this show, even up until a few episodes before the final.

Gawd. Stopping at Ep. 12 would have been great. :/

Also: Is this second season rumor really trustworthy? I believe there wont be a follow up, I mean they blew the story so hard, that there is nothing to follow up with ... !?

Well, I guess they could write something illogical and continue the downhill path... But seriously.

I am so unsatisfied right now Sad
Svidrigailov

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:23 pm Reply with quote
MusingVash wrote:
fml, I was really in love with this show, even up until a few episodes before the final.

Gawd. Stopping at Ep. 12 would have been great. :/

Also: Is this second season rumor really trustworthy? I believe there wont be a follow up, I mean they blew the story so hard, that there is nothing to follow up with ... !?

Well, I guess they could write something illogical and continue the downhill path... But seriously.

I am so unsatisfied right now Sad

If they run a second season, I may take formal action against them. There is a point where you stop trying to fix it and just let the thing die...and that was about 10 episodes ago.
Masakaki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:22 pm Reply with quote
[edit]

Last edited by Masakaki on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:05 am; edited 9 times in total
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Masakaki wrote:
I always feel so stupid when I see a scene like Tsugumi pushing the button she can't reach with her butt, or just any kind of dialog happening while showing Tsugumi's back along with her butt (you can see it very well because of the highlighted lines).

That's a divine goddess's ass you're viewing and talking about. You better treasure the moment. Wink

Have fun with the rest of the show. Enjoy dropping every episode every wee- Oh... those fun moments are over.
pokefreaks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote
The ending was such a mess even though I wasn't expecting much. The show had become somewhat of a joke since it should be renamed as "Guilty Clown" or something. At least it's a guilty pleasure to watch this show since I love the animation, soundtrack and some of the characters design.
Myrddin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:46 am Reply with quote
Last week I saw episode 22, although it really is like Code Geass and song in the beginning has a lot in common with Death Note, it is a very interesting and also very epic story, but stil I think Code Geass is better
Masakaki

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:21 am Reply with quote
[edit]

Last edited by Masakaki on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:06 am; edited 7 times in total
dirkusbirkus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:28 am Reply with quote
I think beyond the 'Boy gains supernatural ability, joins terrorists, struggles with newfound power' there's no reason to measure the two against each other. The match-up becomes even more laughable when you put Shu next to Lelouch, since Lelouch is capable and intelligent, and Shu... Isn't.

Yup, I had a good chuckle when such statements appeared round the time of the first couple of episodes and have been happily dismissing them ever since. Lazy comparison is lazy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 17 of 20