• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - June 21st - 27th

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eviltimes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:31 am Reply with quote
Truly the only way to enjoy something like Bleach is with a blunt.

err... did I spell that correctly?

Rolling Eyes
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Delete.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
malik_chan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist: Read the Death Note manga, that's exactly how things played out as well.
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Delete.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
braves

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
I'm hoping for an ending that will increase my appreciation for the whole series (a good ending means a lot to me).

Same here. From what I've heard the ending is really good and it won't dissapoint, but I have to see it for myself. Though I've been spoiled on some events.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:27 am Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
spoiler[Near seems to catch on to things a lot quicker that L, who wasn't nearly (no pun intended) as good at this]. It's almost as if they're pushing Near toward the final goal because there isn't all that much time left in the show.

spoiler[Oh, and who designs a mod soul that can switch bodies once and then is useless for what it was created for?] That's just dumb.[/vent]

I definitely dislike the divine inspiration aspect of Near. It shouldn't matter if he had spoiler[a post-mortem briefing from L], his logic should not take him directly from point A to Z. That is just sloppy, regardless of if it is true to the source (only makes the endings in both medium sloppy.)

Strange how Kon never complained of, or experienced, that problem, isn't it? My original thought was they could just use his badge spoiler[to hop back into their original or other bodies] when needed. But I guess there is a pairing aspect. Plus, as Urahara seems content to think of them as tools, no creature comforts required.
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:34 am Reply with quote
Delete.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
braves

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
It almost seems like spoiler[Near is just randomly guessing at times, but turning out exactly right. Only when he's talking directly to Light does it seem like he's using logic to make his discoveries, because he's playing off Light's words to get there. When he was playing with the little Lego versions of the cast, he seemed to have everyone's role figured out, even though we never saw or heard what made him come to those conclusions at all]. To me, this has always seemed like the writer pushing the series forcefully instead of letting it move forward by its own natural motion like it did during the first arc (spoiler[before the Yotsuba arc]).

To be fair, I think that the reason that Near seems psychic with his deductions has to do with the anime and the limited amount of time it gave the 2nd half of the series. Episode 1 to episode 26 (26 is mainly a recap episode) cover roughly 6 and 1/2 volumes of manga. That means that the producers gave the anime plenty of time to cover important details that are in the manga for the 1st half, but it only gave the 2nd half 11 episodes to work with for the remaining 5 and 1/2 volumes.

I've only read one volume of the manga, but seeing as how other people who have read the manga and have told me that the anime cuts out a lot of the story in the 2nd half, I believe that's the case here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:08 pm Reply with quote
God, Sci-Fi needs to stop repeating movies and get a new series for us to watch. Tactics was a great way to entertain my Monday nights but we need some new spice. >>

I had a lol moment when I saw the title Kai Doh Maru and mistook it for Kyo kara Maoh! at first glance. I thought to myself, "No way Sci-Fi Channel got that one." Then I saw my mistake. Anime hyper
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:56 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
God, Sci-Fi needs to stop repeating movies and get a new series for us to watch. Tactics was a great way to entertain my Monday nights but we need some new spice. >>

I had a lol moment when I saw the title Kai Doh Maru and mistook it for Kyo kara Maoh! at first glance. I thought to myself, "No way Sci-Fi Channel got that one." Then I saw my mistake. Anime hyper

Heh, it's not like I could watch the Sci-Fi channel now, at least the usual way, since in their infinite wisdom just a fortnight ago, it now requires a digital cable box just to view it even though it's a basic tier channel. Mad
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:32 pm Reply with quote
This is true -_-
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2