• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Grappler Baki Licensed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raoh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:27 am Reply with quote
[edit - If you're here about Naruto, go here.]

I am truely shocked.

I was hoping someone would get this sooner or later.

As a fan of Baki, I am setting high expectations.

I hope this is the series, and not the OVA.

I checked where the link pointed to, and it was the OVA.

Please be the series. Sad
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:38 am Reply with quote
It was emant to link to the TV series, I've fixed that. Since the OAV was already licensed & released by CPM, it is generally assumed that FUNimation's license is for the TV series...
Raoh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Thats what I believed, but since ANN linked to the OVA series, I was a bit worried.

Thanks for clearing that up. Very Happy
Dissapointed Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:06 pm Reply with quote
This is my first post, my first visit to the site, my last post, and my last visit to this web-site.

Why i am here today is to lay a complaint, i know i speak for thousands of dedicated fans. But why are we fans? why do we LOVE Naruto? Why do we download the once free fan-subs every week and why do we stay dedicated? Because Naruto was the 1st original, no limit anime in a long time! It had everything, an excellent story, great animation and most of all, violent fight scenes... However, this will all be gone very soon and Naruto will be NO MORE !!! I say this because under its new license the entire series is going to be destroyed! No more violence, no more original japanese names (which also greatly added to Naruto).

I am in no way against licensing, but changing the names and making it less violent just for the sake of children who can bearly even understand what is going on in the series is just pointless. Why change a name? Why change the story? It was created originally because the creators knew that it had the potential to become possibly one of the greatest series' to date. Know this is all gone. Naruto is now, to me, officially dead. I will NEVER watch one of the licensed episodes, simply because im against the destruction of a great anime.

I hope you money hungry sadists at 4kids enjoy taking away something that thousands of fans so greatly loved.

You took something original, something without social limits (like the violence you are know going to get rid of) and what are you turning it into? ill tell you what? An animated version of the teletubbies! "Ello Nathan... we go fight fight now yes?" "yes yes !! we go slap bad people!" "noo.. slappin bad, very naughty. lets go hug them instead".

Thanks alot... for nothing, you bunch of communist pigs.

Evil or Very Mad
Vekou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:17 pm Reply with quote
... Huh?

Dude, it's a joke. Nobody licensed Naruto.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:53 pm Reply with quote
I'd just like the manga to be re-published myself, along with the rest of Raijin's line-up. *sigh*
Hate-Nathan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Vekou wrote:
... Huh?

Dude, it's a joke. Nobody licensed Naruto.

are you shure?
Then why are they telling this?

I completely agree with Dissapointed fan!
I mean: cutting in great anime's is BAD, very very BAD
and even if they didn't cut in it...
I would still hate the f*ckers who Licensed Naruto... o sorry; NATHAN, becouse I live in Holland and there is NOOO WAY I can see the show... And becoused it will be licensed, I can't download the free fan-subs anymore Anime cry

so please: Let it be a joke!
Big Towers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:10 pm Reply with quote
[expletive] Entitlement kids. Naruto hasn't been licensed. YET. And I certianly hope to christ 4kids picks it up. NOW SHUT UP
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Hate-Nathan wrote:
are you shure?
Then why are they telling this?

It's a prank. ANN never posted this information, it was only made to look like they did. See here.

Now that this is actually starting to get people fired up (and seriously, how gullible can you be to not even notice the article isn't posted on the ANN server?) maybe Chris should take action, this is obviously becoming out of hand.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lski101

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:33 pm Reply with quote
yeah guys its jsut a joke a prank... lol no one liscend naruto dont worry.. but yeah this is gettin a little out of hand.. who did this? Rolling Eyes
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:48 pm Reply with quote
lski101 wrote:
yeah guys its jsut a joke a prank... lol no one liscend naruto don't worry.. but yeah this is gettin a little out of hand.. who did this? Rolling Eyes
It seems that Hate-nathan and Dissapointed fan seem to be the same person perhaps? Anyway it is quite obvious to tell if it was a joke or not. There was no ad, and if you had a skin, anything you clicked on would have your skin again. Also look at the "discuss" link. When you click it it takes you to the Grappler Baki thread. Two people make these hate filled posts when they weren't even smart enough to see that it was a joke. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1