• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Steins;Gate Hiyoku Renri no Darling's Opening Movie Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheZeonicFront

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Just finished reading Steins;Gate's True End about 30 min ago.

Such a fantastic story. And a perfect ending. I'm hesitant to watch any "sequel" stuff as I don't want it to tarnish the end.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:32 pm Reply with quote
TheZeonicFront wrote:

Such a fantastic story. And a perfect ending. I'm hesitant to watch any "sequel" stuff as I don't want it to tarnish the end.

I think it's more of spin off than a squeal to the series I can not confrim that however. Also if you loved steins gate try looking up the drama cd's and the visual novel that has 14 different endings. The drama cd's are so great.. spoiler[Okabe crosses over to the gamma world line, becomes evil, likes to drink mountain dew and boings moeka .....]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TheZeonicFront

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
TheZeonicFront wrote:

I think it's more of spin off than a squeal to the series I can not confrim that however. Also if you loved steins gate try looking up the drama cd's and the visual novel that has 14 different endings. The drama cd's are so great.. spoiler[Okabe crosses over to the gamma world line, becomes evil, likes to drink mountain dew and boings moeka .....]

Sounds awesome. lol The visual novel is what i read. I'll move to the anime soon.

Has it been stated what the movie's about?
Juno016

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:55 pm Reply with quote
While using a guide to try and get to the True End of the visual novel, I accidentally stumbled upon 4 of the other endings and now I can't figure out what I did wrong, so I can't seem to get to the True Ending (I keep getting Kurisu's ending at the end).

But then, I didn't figure out the whole "call the characters on your own" thing until after I got Suzuha's route three times, so maybe I made a mistake before then...?
shukero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Did the anime series ever produce anything worth watching? I watche dthe first episode and then dumbed the series because it was just boring as sin, and just not very interesting for a first episode of a series. I get scared off easily thanks to my impatience xD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Cyran25

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:29 pm Reply with quote
The anime starts to fudge your mind at ep. 15... watch it you won't regret it.
shukero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Cyran25 wrote:

See I don't know if I can handle boredom untill episode 15... Dx It might literally kill me since I'm THAT impatient xD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:56 pm Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
Cyran25 wrote:

See I don't know if I can handle boredom untill episode 15... Dx It might literally kill me since I'm THAT impatient xD

not to sound mean bro but take some meds and marathon the show. If you like shows that mess with your mind or literally mind rape you this a great one. Every action okabe is doing up until ep 13 has a recourse or reason and you will see the negativity of him doing it. I am not sure if you are big movie buff but if you have ever seen the suspense thriller "the butterfly effect" I recommend it to get a grasp of what stein's gate is trying to do.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shukero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:04 pm Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
Cyran25 wrote:

not to sound mean bro but take some meds and marathon the show. If you like shows that mess with your mind or literally mind rape you this a great one. Every action okabe is doing up until ep 13 has a recourse or reason and you will see the negativity of him doing it. I am not sure if you are big movie buff but if you have ever seen the suspense thriller "the butterfly effect" I recommend it to get a grasp of what stein's gate is trying to do.

Don't worry none taken. I'm just really impatient. As for mind [expletive] anime, I'm not really into them. So it so ends like I'll stay away from this one.
superdry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:13 pm Reply with quote

Yes, this game is a spin-off (first released on the 360 last year). The 8-bit Steins;Gate game on the PC is the true sequel - I've read that some fans were disappointed in this one (I have no clue what though).

The drama cds are absolutely amazing - if you liked the comedy of the bonus episode that came with the last volume of the JP BD release, then two the drama cds are funny.

Another one, Babel of the Grieved Maze, is utterly fantastic because it tells the story from Makise's point of view at a certain point (makes a lot more sense if you've either completed the game or finished watching the anime).

Luckily, there is a user on youtube who has subbed quite a few of these drama cds (official ones you can buy and some of the bonus discs bundled with Comptiq).
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:15 pm Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
shukero wrote:
Cyran25 wrote:

Don't worry none taken. I'm just really impatient. As for mind [expletive] anime, I'm not really into them. So it so ends like I'll stay away from this one.

hmm okay then all i can say is this come back in a few years and try it.. it's one of those that will still be talked about years from now. Not some unforgettable series like DxD or C cube.
Xanas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:28 pm Reply with quote
shukero wrote:

I can't give away the ending, but it's not like the ending of that movie.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1