Kadokawa Seeks 'Next Generation' Light Novel Heroine in Upcoming Election
posted on by Lynzee Loveridge
Publisher Kadokawa is expanding its light novel heroine election from late last year to cover more of its imprints and contest Re:Zero's Emilia's place as queen.
The company opened the website for its "KADOKAWA Light Novel Heroine General Election" campaign on Friday and outlined the series up for consideration. A total of 25 heroines are competing from the MF Bunko J, Sneaker Bunko, Fantasia Bunko, Dengeki Bunko, and Famitsu Bunko lines. Emilia won a previous election limited to only MF Bunko J heroines in November, but she'll have a hard time defending her spot since Re:Zero isn't nominated. Instead, the election is focusing on the "next generation" of top light novel heroines.
The candidates are:
- Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi: Sokushi Mahō to Skill Copy no Choetsu Heal by Rui Tsukiyo
- Free Life: Isekai Nandemoya Funtōki by Kedama Kigatsukeba
- Bishōjo Sakka to Mezasu Million Selleraaaaaaaa!! by Takeru Kasukabe
- Sentōin, Haken Shimasu! (Combatants Will Be Dispatched!) by Natsume Akatsuki
- Wanwan Monogatari: Kanemochi no Inu ni Shite to wa Ittaga, Fenrir ni Shiro to wa Ittenē! by Inumajin
- Do You Like Your Mom? Her Normal Attack is Two Attacks at Full Power by Dachima Inaka
- Maō Tōbatsushita ato, Medatachitakunai no de Guild Master ni natta (After Tormenting the Devil, I Did Not Want to Stand Out, So I Became a Guild Master) by Tōwa Akatsuki
- Assassin's Pride by Kei Amagi
- Hiota no Kanojo ga Ore no Motteru Eroge ni Kyōmi Shinshin Nan Daga... by Kei Takizawa
- Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjo, Arui wa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen (The War Ends the World/Raises the World) by Kei Sazane
- 86 by Asato Asato
- Ore o Suki na no wa Omae dake ka yo by Rakuda
- Tobakushi wa Inoranai by Ren Sudō
- Yūsha no Segare by Satoshi Wagahara
- Girly Air Force by Natsumi Kōji
- Ubau Mono Ubawareru Mono (Bereave or Bereaved) by Mino
- Megami no Yūsha wo Taosu Gesu na Hōhō, "Ō Yūsha yo! Shinanai to wa Uttōshii" by Sasaki Sakuma
- Isekai desu ga Mamono Saibai Shiteimasu. by Setsugekka
- Saeki-san to, Hitotsu Yane no Shita, I'll Have Sherbert Volume 1 by Kuyō
- Kenja no Mago by Tsuyoshi Yoshioka
MF Bunko J
- 14-sai to Illustrator (A fourteen and an illustrator) by Yukiya Murasaki
- Kawaikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasu ka? by Tomo Hanama
- Jishō F Rank no o Ani-sama ga Game de Hyōka Sareru Gakuen no Chōten ni Kunrin suru Sōdesu yo? (Dear Self-Styled F Rank Bro Says He's Gonna Rule a Game-Oriented School) by Gōsuto Mikawa
- Naze Boku no Sekai o Dare mo Oboete Inai no ka? Unmei no Ken by Kei Sazane
- Isekai Gōmon Hime by Keishi Ayasato
The election options seem to be picked in part to boost sales of particular series. Votes are cast via cards with serial numbers that are distributed to customers that purchase one of the candidate book titles at participating stores. There are additional benefits awarded to voters, too. Customers can acquire more voting cards by purchasing more books.
The election will start on April 27 and run until May 31. Kadokawa will announce interim results in mid-May followed by the final results in early June.