Live-Action Tokyo Ghoul Film's Still Shows Kureo Mado, Quinque
posted on by Karen Ressler
The official Twitter account for the live-action Tokyo Ghoul film released a new still from the film on Thursday. The image shows Yo Oizumi as Kureo Mado with a quinque, an anti-ghoul weapon.
The film will premiere on July 3 at Anime Expo in Los Angeles, July 7 in Berlin, and July 10 at the Marunouchi Piccadilly theater in Chiyoda, Japan before its wide theatrical release in Japan on July 29. Funimation has licensed the film and plans to release it theatrically in North America in Japanese with English subtitles. The film will get a release in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macao, Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, Germany, Autstria, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, United States, Canada, Korea, China, Spain, Italy, United Kingdom, and Ireland.
The cast includes:
- Masataka Kubota (live-action Death Note, Mars, Photo Braver 7 television series) as Ken Kaneki
- Fumika Shimizu as Tōka Kirishima
- Yuu Aoi (live-action Rurouni Kenshin's Megumi) as Rize Kamishiro
- EXILE's Nobuyuki Suzuki as Kōtarō Amon
- Yo Oizumi (voice of Layton in the Professor Layton series) as Kureo Mado
- Kunio Murai (live-action Nobunaga Concerto) as Kuzen Yoshimura
- Kenta Hamano (live-action Moteki) as Enji Koma
- Nozomi Sasaki (One Piece Film Z) as Kaya Irimi
- Shuntarō Yanagi (live-action Crows Explode) as Renji Yomo
- Hiyori Sakurada (live-action Nigakute Amai) as Hinami Fueguchi
- Shōko Aida (The Case of Hana & Alice) as Ryōko Fueguchi
- Kai Ogasawara as Hideyoshi "Hide" Nagachika
- Kabuki actor Minosuke Bandō as Uta
- Shunya Shiraishi as Nishio Nishiki
- Seika Furuhata as Yoriko Kosaka
- Tomoya Maeno as Ippei Kusaba
- Dankan as Hisashi Ogura
- Ryō Iwamatsu as Akihiro Kanō
Kentarō Hagiwara ("Super Star" short) is directing the film, and the production shot principal photography from last July to September. Masanori Morikawa, a Christian Dada designer and a fan of the original manga, designed the masks and costumes of the ghouls in the film. Don Davis (The Matrix film trilogy) is composing the film's music, and Nicholas Becker (Arrival, Zero Gravity, Batman Begins) is in charge of sound special effects.
RADWIMPS band songwriter and guitarist Yōjirō Noda is performing the theme song "Banka."
Source: Comic Natalie