'I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss' Anime Reveals Promo Video, Visual for 2nd Arc
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The official website for the television anime adaptation of Sarasa Nagase's I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss (Akuyaku Reijō Nanode Last Boss o Katte Mimashita) light novels revealed a promotional video and visual on Saturday for the show's second arc.
The website also revealed new cast members.
Sōma Saitō as James Charles
Tasuku Hatanaka as Auguste Zelm
Toshiyuki Toyonaga as Walt Lizanis
Chiaki Kobayashi as Kyle Elford
Ayana Taketatsu as Selena Gilbert
Rie Murakawa as Rachel Danis
The anime premiered on Tokyo MX and MBS on October 1. Crunchyroll is streaming the anime as it airs in Japan, and is also streaming an English dub.
The anime stars:
- Rie Takahashi as Aileen Lauren Dautriche (Yen Press spells the name as Aileen Lauren d'Autriche)
- Yuichiro Umehara as Claude Jeanne Elmir (Yen Press spells the name as Claude Jean Ellmeyer)
- Toshiki Masuda as Cedric Jeanne Elmir (Yen Press spells the name as Cedric Jean Ellmeyer)
- Jun Fukuyama as Keith Eigrid
- Yūki Ono as Belzebuth (Yen Press spells the name as Beelzebuth)
- Kana Hanazawa as Lilia Rainworth (Yen Press spells the name as Lilia Reinoise)
- Tomokazu Sugita as Almond
- Yūma Uchida as Isaac Lombard
- Hiroki Yasumoto as Jasper Varie
- Takuto Yoshinaga as Doni (Yen Press spells the name as Denis)
- Shin'ichirō Kamio as Ruck (Yen Press spells the name as Luc)
- Yū Miyazaki as Quartz
Kumiko Habara (I'm Standing on 1,000,000 Lives. both seasons) is directing the anime at Maho Film. Kenta Ihara (Tomodachi Game, Vinland Saga, Saga of Tanya the Evil) is writing and overseeing the series scripts. Momoko Makiuchi, Eri Kojima, and Yūko Ōba are the character designers. Natsumi Tabuchi, Hanae Nakamura, Miki Sakurai, Sayaka Aoki, and Kanade Sakuma are composing the music.
Rie Takahashi, who plays the main character Aileen, performs the opening theme song "Kyо̄kan Sarenakute mo Ii Janai." ACCAMER performs the ending theme song "Nomick."
Yen Press has licensed both the novels and the manga adaptation, and describes the story:
When her engagement to the prince ends unceremoniously, details of the young noblewoman Aileen's past life come rushing back and help her realize she's living inside the world of one of her favorite otome games—as the heroine's greatest rival! However, her memory has more plot holes than bad fan fiction…and the only certainty is that if she doesn't do something quick, her death is all but assured. The hero/main-love-interest can't be relied on, so why not see what the last boss has to say?
The novel series debuted on the Shōsetsuka ni Narō (Let's Become Novelists) website in 2017. Kadokawa began publishing the novels with illustrations by Mai Murasaki in September 2017. Anko Yuzu launched the manga adaptation in Kadokawa's Comp Ace in June 2018. The third and final compiled book volume shipped in Japan in December 2019.
Sources: I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss anime's website, Comic Natalie