• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:55 am Reply with quote
Nothing has changed since the last time you brought this up.

Specifically, since you seem to have problem with the search function:

tempest, ANN Editor in Chief, Wed Apr 07, 2004 wrote:
I'm not going to be as circumspect about this as Cookie was. David wrote us and asked us to seperate the two names.

We debated it, and decided to honor his request.

To this day I'm not certain it was the right choice, but as long as I'm not certain it was the worng choice, I won't undo it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Another dup flagged when entering:

More than one person has the name 鈴木智子: Michiko Suzuki, Tomoko Suzuki

There are producer credits, publicity credits and animation credits.

OK, there are three usable online credits for Michiko. Two are as publicist for WOWOW and both say 鈴木路子. There are also some production credits for WOWOW and I'll have to verify those manually.. toribla and ErgoProxy are good so all the WOWOW stuff is hers.
Not finding anything for Ninja Scroll.. but I've found a producer credit for 鈴木美保 (Miho Suzuki) so this one may be an error.
The English credits for X TV have Michiko Suzuki and this page gives 鈴木路子 so that one is her's.

The Shuffle producer, however, is 鈴木智子, which matches my source for the Lucky Star associate producer, which I entered under Tomoko. There's only one valid source for Tomoko's other production credits, but it corroborates 鈴木智子, also confirmed for Karin and canvas 2.

路子 can't be read as Tomoko so none of Michiko's credits should have drifted that way.

All that remains is Tomoko's animation credits - links are still good for all three and all give me 鈴木智子. Almost certainly a different person to the producer unless she disappeared for 20 years and came back doing a different job.

So WOWOW publicist/producer: 鈴木路子 (definitely Michiko)
(Kadokawa?) Producer: 鈴木智子 (not so lucky)
80's Animator: also 鈴木智子

I believe what needs to be done to untangle this is to move Shuffle from Michiko to Tomoko, and split Tomoko into animator and producer.

-----

More than one person has the name 室市剛人: Gouto Muroichi, Taketo Muroichi

Seems like a pretty uncommon name, first and last so doubtful there are two people here. Muroichi is the only reading I'm seeing for the family name, and an quick unscientific check on Google suggests Taketo is a little more common. [edit]Bandai's English opening credits for Lucky Star use "Gouto". The English Haruhi credits haven't bothered including him.[/edit]

Last edited by Shiroi Hane on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:51 pm; edited 5 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
doc-watson42 wrote:
IMDb lists him under "Sean Teague" (with "Sean Michael Teague" as his birth name"). A Google search turns up MySpace and Facebook pages, and a TV.com profile that all likely belong to the same person, but nothing definite regarding his name. I suppose someone could send him a message.

I hadn't actually done much research on this one since the error is one of formatting rather than with the name itself

I sent him a message via his Facebook account.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:20 pm Reply with quote
For 大橋永晴 we currrently have Eharu OOHASHI.

Bandai's English credits for Lucky Star say Nagaharu OHASHI - and we have them too (no kanji given), but the Kyoani site confirms 大橋永晴.

I can't find any online confirmation of the reading. According to ENAMDICT there is only one name reading for 永晴, Eharu, but a google search on "永晴" "ながはる" does return results.

---

I was looking for 中嶋嘉美. My best guess was Kazumi NAKAJIMA, which exists, but with kanji 中島嘉美.
However, the English credits for Lucky Star say Yoshimi NAKASHIMA who we also have, but with no Kanji.
Source for the name 中島嘉美 is a ja.wiki page, although the information has since been removed from that page.
Sources for Kazumi Nakajima's animation credits say 中嶋一美 (Naruto) and 中島一美 (Guin Saga, Mag 8, DtB, Fairy Tail).
Lucky Star associate producer is 中嶋嘉美 (source)
The outstanding staff credit is Doujin Work and.. there's a couple of sites giving me 中島嘉美 so this one is either someone else or a misspelling at the original source (presumable the credits)

I could tell who submitted the two credits for Yoshimi Nakashima just by looking at the sources as they are entirely useless.
Quick google search gives me this page and 中嶋嘉美 - under Big Shot, same as the Doujin Work credit lending credence to this being a wapuro typo. Same story for Nabari no Ou.

So:
animator is 中島一美 (single 中嶋一美 probably a typo)
Producer is 中嶋嘉美 (single 中島嘉美 probably a typo)

Just leaves a cast credit. The size of the Kamen Rider franchise could make this interesting.. actually not too bad - this says "中島かつみ"

Last edited by Shiroi Hane on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Good point.

So how about this: Add Daniel Andrews as an alias to Steven Jay Blum's profile, and link Steven Jay Blum's profile and David Lucas' profile to each other, stating in each that they are the same person, and that you aren't merging the two profiles because Blum himself requested it. Sound good?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
Good point.

So how about this: Add Daniel Andrews as an alias to Steven Jay Blum's profile, and link Steven Jay Blum's profile and David Lucas' profile to each other, stating in each that they are the same person, and that you aren't merging the two profiles because Blum himself requested it. Sound good?

Like Tempest said, he has specifically requested the names not be linked, which is why they are not linked. He has also publicly stated something to the effect that he knows David Lucas, and that they are not the same person. This may obviously not be the case, but it is his livelihood at stake not your's.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Takkun4343 wrote:
Good point.

Like Tempest said, he has specifically requested the names not be linked, which is why they are not linked. He has also publicly stated something to the effect that he knows David Lucas, and that they are not the same person. This may obviously not be the case, but it is his livelihood at stake not your's.

You're wrong! David Lucas and Steven Jay Blum are the same person! Take into account his Wikipedia article. He claims that David Lucas is a different person from him, but in actuality, they are the same person.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
He claims that David Lucas is a different person from him, but in actuality, they are the same person.

Tomokazu Sugita had done the same thing about the role of Togainu no Chi "played by one of his relatives" in a convention and everyone laughed out loud.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Ryousuke Sawa
Ryoochimo Sawa

This was mentioned previously by wao.

There is some information on Sakuga@wiki about him and his names:
http://www18.atwiki.jp/sakuga/pages/62.html

This one looks like a bit of a mess, as he seems to go by neither of these in most sources where the Japanese credits are attested, but by simply "Ryoochimo". I was unsure if I should create a new entry when I was entering his Hanamaru Kindergarten credit, but put it under Ryoochimo Sawa for now. I was wondering at first if "Ryoochimo Sawa" was even legitimate since most of the credits are just りょーちも and sometimes with a dot りょーちも。, but I found some evidence of him being credited as 澤りょーちも at least once here It looks like he might not have been credited with that much at all outside Noein, but I'll have to look at more Japanese credits if I can find them.

There are lots of credits on "Ryousuke Sawa" that seem to be taken from a French site, with no indication if he was actually credited as りょーちも, and there were also entries noting "credited as Ryochimo" (Precision is not supposed to be used like this, but the single-name Ryochimo/Ryōchimo/Ryoochimo hasn't been created anyway). Not too many roles with Japanese sources, so it could take a bit of time to look some of them up, but it seems many are likely to be inaccurate in terms of credited name.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Just hit the wrong button and wiped out all I wrote. That's what I get for insomnia brought on by toothache and too much caffeine.
The only of his roles I have on R2 DVD to cross check is Dennou Coil (not going to dig it out now as I feel bleargh).

From what I can gather, his pen-name is "ryo-timo", his real name is "Sawa, Ryousuke" <s>and I doubt "Sawa, ryo-timo" actually exists.</s>

His site: http://members.at.infoseek.co.jp/ryo_timo/secsion.html
Wikipedia: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/りょーちも
Interview: http://www.p-tina.net/interview/246
Pixiv: http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=30949

There's a nice description of him on MAL of all places:
Quote:
Ryousuke Sawa is called Ryo-timo in the industry and was discovered by BECK director Osamu Kobayashi who was impressed by the animated GIF movies Ryo-timo made. He is one of the few animators that didn't need to start their career by doing in-between animation but could work as key animators right from the start.

Also found this video of him drawing on a massive Cintiq: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLoSufitm-A

--edit--

to heck with it, who needs sleep.
Denno Coil is definitely "りょーちも":

I think it was wao who originally created the "Ryoochimo Sawa" entity with the Aquarion ep 16 credit; a screenshot of that would be great as it would confirm that he has been credited with that amalgamated name.

--edit--

FUNimation didn't both including key animators when they translated the BALDR credits. Manga left the Toki o Kakeru credits untouched and he's りょーちも again:
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:59 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:

I think it was wao who originally created the "Ryoochimo Sawa" entity with the Aquarion ep 16 credit; a screenshot of that would be great as it would confirm that he has been credited with that amalgamated name.

The Noein credits I linked above (assuming D2_Station has a correct transcription) have him as the amalgamated name 澤りょーちも, though browsing through, it is only with episode 3. All later episodes he's りょーちも

He may have only used the amalgamated name for a short time, and then dropped his family name for all later credits. Aquarion would be before Noein, so that would fit if he happened to be 澤りょーちも there too.

The only credits I've seen so far which the source indicates he's credited with his full name are Beck and Kamichu, which are seemingly some of his earliest credits.

Kind of looks to me that he was credited as Ryōsuke Sawa for a short period at first, then Ryōchimo Sawa for a short period, and then everything after was all Ryōchimo.

Quote:
FUNimation didn't both including key animators when they translated the BALDR credits.

How awfully typical of them. I get annoyed at FUNi's incomplete translated credits - they like to leave out voice actors and most of the staff. At least back in their alternate angle days, you could look at the kanji credits to see what they left out.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:29 am Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
Kind of looks to me that he was credited as Ryōsuke Sawa for a short period at first, then Ryōchimo Sawa for a short period, and then everything after was all Ryōchimo.

What throws it off a bit is that we currently have Ryoochimo SAWA credited for ep 16 of Aquarion and Ryousuke SAWA with ep 19.
I don't have Aquarion on DVD and I can't recall having watched any of it either, but I have a feeling I have some fansubs archived somewhere (my compulsion is to collect things and my philosophy is to never throw anything away that might be useful someday. Makes for a messy room) that I can try digging out if I get bored.
386sky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:26 pm Reply with quote
The English version of the Lucky Star endings don't have the in-betweening checking and recording studio sections. Bang Zoom, please add them as Bang Zoom couldn't add these credits.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:01 pm Reply with quote
386sky wrote:
The English version of the Lucky Star endings don't have the in-betweening checking and recording studio sections. Bang Zoom, please add them as Bang Zoom couldn't add these credits.

This is not a duplicate persons report, so this is the wrong thread.
Bang Zoom is already credited for ADR Production.
I could go through the Japanese credits filling in gaps but it is very time consuming and I have other series higher on my priority list - as well as now dealing with errors.
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
"渡辺和夫" was sakkan for an episode of Kiddy Grade. This Kanji is not present in the database. I searched for the most likely romanisation, Kazuo Watanabe, and got a result, however with different Kanji (渡部和夫). Useable sources from those provided break down as follows:

渡辺和夫
http://www.kiddygrade.com/1/story/tv_story13.html
http://members.at.infoseek.co.jp/animelist/ad/Lsek.htm
http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/beck/outline.html
http://web.archive.org/web/20060705155059/http://avexmode.jp/animation/okusama/
http://wiki.livedoor.jp/radioi_34/d/NEEDLESS

渡部和夫:
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/b_hp/gsgirl/backnumber/403000011-6.html

Based on this I would say there are either two people here, or Fuji TV just misspelt their name.
Additional reference for 渡辺和夫: http://www.anime.marumegane.com/2005/ichigo100.html (Animation Director for Ichigo 100% episode 8). Given your doubts I decided not to credit Kazuo Watanabe for this but rather post it here.

Lee SEOK-IN (1 staff for In-Between Animation) appears to be a Korean naming order error duplicate of
Seok In LEE (3 staff for Key Animation).

Keun Soo LIM (3 staff for Key Animation) being a Korean name, should probably be Keun-soo KIM whom Japanese Wikipedia credits for Animation Director in Ichigo 100%.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 58 of 144